Oh that silly Finfin is at it again! (Video)

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Sun Conure - Ollie- Hatched 08/18/16*

Nanday Conure -Finley- Hatched 10/07/17*

Turquoise Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure -Paris- Hatched 03/03/18*

Black Capped Conure -North- Hatched 10/10/18
Today Finley was misbehaving a little but also being heartmeltingly cute at the same time. Have a look for yourself!

[ame="https://youtu.be/zFM2woBdXcM"]Upside-down Finfin! - YouTube[/ame]

OP
Sunnyclover

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

It's interesting because Ollie NEVER does anything like this and is a very serious minded sort of a fella (even as a baby) and Finley is literally the opposite, always clowning around and sometimes he even starts jumping like a frog during mommy and Finny time. I wish I could film that one but it's hard to capture.

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
my nanday is a clumsy mess. He's always falling and he flaps like a mad man when he steps up, he seems uncomfortable with his grip. I haven't ever seen him flip upsidedown. My GCC does all the time though, walking around from the top of his cage upsidedown. Conures crack me up! Fin is cute as a button!

OP
Sunnyclover

Sunnyclover

Jan 11, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots

Weird you say your Nanday is really clumsy and and flaps when he steps up because minedid the same thing for the longest time. I was worried he was sick lol. He finally stopped and grips really hard now. He is still very clumsy and steps on Ollie's head sometimes and could care less and doesn't even notice.

Last edited:

FlyBirdiesFly

Jul 30, 2017
Media
Flapping when stepping up is something I’ve only observed in Ducky when he was clipped as a baby. Ducky used to be really clumsy, breaking all his tail feathers and slipping while climbing in his cage. But after Ducky went through his first molt, he got all his tail and flight feathers back and became a graceful flyer who isn’t clumsy at all and hasn’t broken a feather since. I think it has to do with a combination of being a baby, having no tail feathers, and being clipped. Tails are used for balance, so combine the lack of tail feathers with a bad clip and pure baby clumsiness and you have a clumsy bird. Now, I can even run around the room with Ducky perched on my shoulder and he hardly budges (except he may fly off in annoyance). Also, birds who had their nails trimmed recently tend to slip more often as they use their nails to grip things.

Kermit also does the walking upside down on top of his cage. Even though he has two nails missing (the two back ones on one foot), you could hardly call him clumsy. He has never broken a single feather in his life.

Most Reactions

Latest posts