Harness suggestions and advice

Stephable

Jan 20, 2018
Australia
Parrots
Budgie
Green Cheek Conure
Hi! I want to start harness training my GCC so that I can take them outside with me sometimes, especially when I'm gardening and out for a while. I haven't got a harness yet and I was wondering if there's anything I should be aware of when buying one. Are there certain designs that are safe/unsafe? Certain brands?

Also I obviously haven't started training yet, is there anything that was especially useful when you harness trained your birds?

Thank you!!

The Aviator harness is by far the safest, most secure harness out there. Be sure to watch the DVD before even allowing your bird to see the harness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A word of caution, it takes a tremendous amount of time and patience to harness train a bird. Many people have tried and tried and their bird still hates the harness. I tried to harness train Ducky and Kermit but gave up because I didn’t want to damage their trust in me. I agree with SilverSage above that the Aviator harness is the best on the market. You may also want to consider purchasing a flight suit, as some birds prefer it to the harness. I myself haven’t used one, but a lot of people seem to use it with success on smaller birds especially.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back