OMG...Kenai is home!!!!

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Well i went and got Kenai from the breeder and we had a great trip home. (Minus the little tongue in ear incident) he is now in his cage eating his pellets and some pieces of apple and tearing the living heck out of the toys in his cage. He seems to be already settled in.:red1:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
Well i went and got Kenai from the breeder and we had a great trip home. (Minus the little tongue in ear incident) he is now in his cage eating his pellets and some pieces of apple and tearing the living heck out of the toys in his cage. He seems to be already settled in.
Congrats, drew! Glad to hear it :). You'll need to post some updated photos of him in his new environment now :D

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
that is great news!! I know how awesome that is!! :)

OP
drew92

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
:D I bet you can't stop staring at Kenai. :)
:32:
How did you know lol. He is just that amazing! I hope i dont crash the site with all the pics.:11:
Edit:
Spoilers
2012-12-15_15-15-25_726.jpg

Last edited:

Turquoise

Banned
Banned
Oct 23, 2012
West Texas
Parrots
2 Male Catalina Macaws~Roscoe & Angel, 1 Female Green Wing Macaw~Ruby Jewel, 1 Female Solomon Island Eclectus~Leyla Belle, 1 female Pineapple Green Cheek Conure~Peta, 8 Budgies
Gorgeous baby! Love the colors, my favorite kind of macaw.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Congrats! I have that same exact cage, it's not a great macaw cage. My Willie would have that cage feed door open in seconds. He knows how to dismantle screws, so if I had him in that cage, all the screws would be gone like his old cage, there was no screws holding it together cause he got rid of them all....lol.....I think he toss them in the poop and when I cleaned his cage, I don't notice it so they all get tossed out....I've seen other people using the same type of cage for their macaws and they experience the same issue and they had to tape, pad lock, etc. on the feed doors....

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Now that is a "teaser" photo. ;) Look at him explore his cage! LOVE IT! You are going to have SO much fun with Kenai. :D

...oh...and the "can't stop staring" phase will last a long, long time. :D

He is GORGEOUS, Drew! :32:

OP
drew92

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Kenai and i spent the day watching movies and eating pecans. a macaw has his own wonderful smell yet when you add pecan breath to the mix its down right addicting.

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
Drew, I am very happy for you. He is beautiful:)

OP
drew92

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Congrats! Did you get him from Christy? Very nice.

Yes i got him from Kristy
She did an amazing job with Kenai.
Also another pic
2012-12-16_15-26-57_616.jpg

This is Kenai's bowl of destruction any part that he tears off his toys ends up in there for further "refinement " before it ends up on the floor

Last edited:

Desone

Sep 18, 2012
I picked up the Calico girl yesterday. Christy told me someone just left with her best friend GW macaw. Saw we bought the same swing.lol
She is a great breeder. My daughter loved that caique she had.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I can understand your excitement:) He is beautiful and I am sure he will bring you many years of happiness:)

OP
drew92

drew92

Feb 21, 2012
Media
suffolk, virginia. usa
Parrots
Greenwing macaw-Kenai
Yes Kenai is a hoot. He does that baby croak and wing flick when i look at him, and makes the funniest squeaky noise when he stretches his wings, and the kicker i mean licker is that he seems to have a fascination or fetish with my ears.
Btw that calico hated my guts lol took a chunk outa me when i was paying attention to Kenai.

Most Reactions

Latest posts