May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie

I found her favorite treat!!! She’s scoring baskets without me telling her to πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ So proud of her!
Such a fast learner!

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
1652B15E-FAEC-4018-AC52-71BA1D533CAF.jpeg

Ona hanging out 😎

This week she had to spend a couple days with just my husband while I helped my mom after her breast cancer surgery. Ona definitely missed me and was a tiny bit bratty with my husband occasionally but overall not too bad. She greets me with whistles when I walk in the door now ❀️

Training wise we’re working on harness training but it’s slow progress. I think we’ll get there eventually just taking our time to make sure she’s comfortable.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona definitely knows my voice now! Yesterday I called my husband and he had his phone on speaker. Ona heard me and started calling for me ❀️

I normally work from home but yesterday I had to go to the office for about four hours. All day afterward Ona was a Velcro bird! She just wanted to sit and climb on me all day. She wouldn’t even step up for my husband when he tried to get her off me. Clearly she does not approve of me going to work πŸ˜‰

Some recent photos:

F9C226FE-F6BD-4116-A708-F5FC58DAA401.jpeg

Ona doing her β€œpretty” pose to show how irresistible she is and get more cuddles.

572AADBF-632D-4373-87C6-49FFD7F638FD.jpeg

My husband made her a vegetable kabob that entertained her for some time.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
We had an interesting weekend. I'm a volunteer dog walker at a humane society and on Saturday night I ended up fostering a dog with nowhere to go that just had surgery. Ona didn't get much attention Saturday night and Sunday afternoon while I was taking care of the poor pup. When the foster pup left and I finally went to let Ona step up she sure showed me her disapproval at being "neglected"! She puffed up, walked up willing to me, stepped up, and then promptly gave my finger a very hard pinch! :LOL: I thought it was a little amusing that she got so excited to see me but then immediately let me know her feelings.

She's getting good at "gimme kiss" and often makes a little chirp/muah sound when she kisses.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Poor Ona! How sad to be so neglected. I’m sure you will make it up to her. Lots of β€œpoor poor birdie” and the like.

Maybe you should harness that guilt by going toy shopping online and buying Ona some apology presents. Flowers? Avicake?

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Poor Ona! How sad to be so neglected. I’m sure you will make it up to her. Lots of β€œpoor poor birdie” and the like.

Maybe you should harness that guilt by going toy shopping online and buying Ona some apology presents. Flowers? Avicake?
Oh yes I will be sure to make the little Queen an offering of treats and toys.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
I present Ona’s latest trick! Still in progress. I have some funny outtakes I might post later.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona said β€œstep up” today! She doesn’t speak very clearly - it sounds like a croaky chirp but we can understand her. My husband was telling her to step up and she just said β€œstep up” :LOL: She can still say β€œgoodnight” and once she tried β€œgood morning”.

DC68C017-2AED-412E-98B4-CFDE44E17404.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Ona said β€œstep up” today! She doesn’t speak very clearly - it sounds like a croaky chirp but we can understand her. My husband was telling her to step up and she just said β€œstep up” :LOL: She can still say β€œgoodnight” and once she tried β€œgood morning”.

View attachment 45965
What a smart bird!

If she’s talking now, you never know what she’ll eventually come up with. Possibly something very funny. My gcc used to say β€œdammit” and β€œbaby” and occasionally β€œI love you”. This led to some funny combinations. The Quaker I had for many years used to regularly give me marching orders as well as occasionally tell me off.
The power of the speaking bird is vast!

Ona’s playground looks very fun. Jasper has a small playground but he is starting to devour it. Willow has his perching basket and soon will have the Jolly Ball, possibly suspended from his big branch.

Go, Ona!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
β€œDammit, baby! Out right now! Right now!”

What you are willingly walking into. A tiny feathered narcissist who will boss you around for ten or 15 yrs. You codependent.

OP
onamom

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
β€œDammit, baby! Out right now! Right now!”

What you are willingly walking into. A tiny feathered narcissist who will boss you around for ten or 15 yrs. You codependent.
Oh she can boss me around without saying a word :ROFLMAO:

Most Reactions

Latest posts