Our Jardine's Play Gym I made myself

stone

Jul 22, 2013
Our Jardine's Play Gym I made myself (Parrot called Dobby)

This is the play gym I have made...

Used a lot of sisal twine.

20130814_193409_zps1e613c42.jpg

20130814_193431_zps4fb112d3.jpg

Any questions/advice welcome.

Last edited:

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Great job well done !!!!!!
Jardine sure is going to have lots of fun and entertainment on it.

One question -
Is Jardine bird able to fit through the ropes squares comfortably?

OP
S

stone

Jul 22, 2013
Good day Antoinette,

Thanks for the comment :)

"One question -
Is Jardine bird able to fit through the ropes squares comfortably?"

She climbs onto it to the top and down again, or she will climb on one side and climb back on the other, I don't think it is big enough to fit through. It was merely meant for climbing, that spacing was part of a fence, I did not have bigger spacing.

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Looks like fun for Jardine ! I enjoy seeing homemade projects, as it shows how much time you dedicate to your Fid. Keep up the good work !

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Good day Antoinette,

"One question -
Is Jardine able to fit through the ropes squares comfortably?"

She climbs onto it to the top and down again, or she will climb on one side and climb back on the other, I don't think it is big enough to fit through. It was merely meant for climbing, that spacing was part of a fence, I did not have bigger spacing.

I am just worried that if she tries to go through and gets stuck.
Accident happen so quickly what if you were not present?
Just looking our for Jardine !!!!

:grey:

OP
S

stone

Jul 22, 2013
Good day Antoinette,

"One question -
Is Jardine able to fit through the ropes squares comfortably?"

I am just worried that if she tries to go through and gets stuck.
Accident happen so quickly what if you were not present?
Just looking our for Jardine !!!!

:grey:

Hehe not to worry about getting stuck, my wife and I never ever let her of her cage without supervision :) even on the play gym she is ALWAYS in sight, we do have a dachshund (although he will never hurt a fly, we won't put it past him) so yes, out of cage = supervision at all times.

Boysmom

Nov 17, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Parrots
Ruby- Solomans Island Grand Eclectus ***
Flora- Panama Amazon
Thanks Ant for voicing that concern ! I am glad Jardine is only allowed to play on it supervised ! Accidents can happen in a second though, so dont even walk out of the room for a minute with him playing on it please. Maybe you could rework the net part to allow for larger openings ?

OP
S

stone

Jul 22, 2013
Good day all,

Just to clear up some confusion/worries :)

The "net" you are referring to is not a loose climbing "net" made out of twine, it is indeed a solid totally unbend able structure just covered with twine, Dobby can't physically get caught up in this :) I have used this wired fence here -->
IMG_8445_zpsafb5f442.jpg

and covered the wire with twine :), as mention she is never without supervision in any case. So yes, it is more a solid climbing structure and not a flimsy net.

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Re: Our Jardine's Play Gym I made myself (Parrot called Dobby)

Good job! Looks fun!! I just ordered some sisal twine to make stuff for Jackie- I like how you used the fencing! Great idea :D
We have a lot of bamboo so I was going to make a bunch of rope/bamboo ladders too

OP
S

stone

Jul 22, 2013
Re: Our Jardine's Play Gym I made myself (Parrot called Dobby)

Good job! Looks fun!! I just ordered some sisal twine to make stuff for Jackie- I like how you used the fencing! Great idea :D
We have a lot of bamboo so I was going to make a bunch of rope/bamboo ladders too

Awesome stuff! Please do post them pics once you have finished your project. I must say it was great fun building it myself.

Most Reactions