Outdoor/travel cage

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
Hi all!
I have a travel cage for my CAG so that isn't what I am looking for particularly.

I want a cage for hanging out in outside. Just for sunshine and socialization. He will not be unattended and I don't think that we will be outside more than 20-30 minutes.

I'm wondering if let's say, a parakeet cage would be an appropriate option or a hamster cage or some such.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

OP
GambotheGreyt

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Hi all!
I have a travel cage for my CAG so that isn't what I am looking for particularly.

I want a cage for hanging out in outside. Just for sunshine and socialization. He will not be unattended and I don't think that we will be outside more than 20-30 minutes.

I'm wondering if let's say, a parakeet cage would be an appropriate option or a hamster cage or some such.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
So talking to myself 😁, what I realized about a parakeet (budgie) cage is that they have a parakeet sized door. This may not be such an ideal situation for a larger bird.

I did find some great transport cages on Amazon, but they are 14 pounds and large packaging. In short, almost $200 just for shipping!

I don't have much available to me pseudo-locally, so just looking for ideas.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
You could get collapsible wire dog crate and just use that. They tend to be a little more available depending on where you are in the world.

OP
GambotheGreyt

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
You could get collapsible wire dog crate and just use that. They tend to be a little more available depending on where you are in the world.

OP
GambotheGreyt

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
I found a great one! It should arrive on Friday! Thank you for this idea.. it was what I wanted, but I wasn't searching correctly.

Chenetaqwa

Jul 16, 2022
Parrots
Winston ... 6 month old green cheek conure
4 budgies ( parakeet)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240430_120625_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240430_120625_Chrome.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 4
OP
GambotheGreyt

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
This is what I am expecting in a day or two. We'll add the perch and bowls.

(I am overseas, so shipping from the US is not my financially favorite thing to do.)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240501-084934_OZON.jpg
    Screenshot_20240501-084934_OZON.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 1

Most Reactions

Latest posts