Page Error???????????

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
I've gone into several areas of the forum that just comes up as Forum error?? The last place I tried was Macaw photos. I don't know what the problem is.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
need a little more info....does it say what the error is, what browser are you using, have you tried clearing cache and cookies. Try taking a screen shot.

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
Sorry but I dont know how to take a screen shot on this computer. It's new. But this is what the message says

Database error
The Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:
Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
Open the www.parrotforums.com home page, then try to open another page.
Click the Back button to try another link.
The www.parrotforums.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
Sorry forgot to add that I use Google Chrome.

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I just tried looking at other photo's (cockatoos, conures, all of them really) and I get this same message. It's not allowing me in. :(

Joeyx

Mar 15, 2012
Parrots
Birdie (BFA), Cloud (Lovebird)
Yea i started getting that error page randomly sometimes when i click on a photo on the main page's image gallery thumbnails. using safari.

also, been always getting this message when click on Mark Forums Read in the quick links:

"Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid."

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I can only think that it is an error with Google Chrome:(

Anyone else have this problem that uses google chrome??

I use Firefox and have never had any problems.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani

wwendy104

Dec 30, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw
African Grey
Conure
I also cannot look at picture in the photo gallery but it is the only place I have an issue. I neither use Google chrome or firefox and it only happens when you go into the photo gallery. I haven't figured out why yet.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
What I posted earlier would apply to all Windows PC's and most browsers as well. It is considered a standard procedure for PC maintenance, as the link describes in full.

jjsunlucky

Dec 26, 2012
Parrots
Cockatiel-"Petie", Quaker-"Marley" (RIP 11/21/12)
"Buku"- Lovebird
"Jezebel"- Quaker Parrot
I use Google and also have the same problem. I am unable to look at gallery photos and unable to open links also. Thaks so much for posting this question!

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
Just so y'all know, I've been doing PC tech support professionally for over 10 years in corporate environments. Two of my jobs have been with IBM and Dell most recently. I also custom build my own PC's as well. Really wanting to build me a new one and give this one to my boy but need to save up for that, this one is old now, built it about 3 years ago. I got A+ certified back in Jan. 2K as well as having passed 3 different courses with Microsoft dealing with Windows 2K, XP and 2K Server.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
It may be a forum issue....

Quick Links - Mark Forums as Read
This has never worked for me in all the time I've been a member here.

Parrot Forum's Gallery
This works for me, but as others mentioned, can't go to the species specific areas.

I use Google Chrome on Windows 7 Home Premium 64B. I very recently deleted Chrome cookies. Internet Explorer I rarely ever use.

Here's the error in Chrome
View attachment 6134

And the error in Internet Explorer
View attachment 6135

That said, if I go to the Home Page (http://www.parrotforums.com) and click on a thumbnail, I can see the images just fine (although the image that appears is not always the same as the thumbnail - not a new issue)

I'm no idiot when it comes to computers either... (although I admit, I am not a computer tech nor have I had any formal training, I can do a lot of basic work on computers, have taught others how to use their computers, know how to do virus removal and how to build a computer) so I would say it's a forum issue.

Here's the macaw's photo gallery
http://www.parrotforums.com/gallery/browseimages.php?c=12

If you can see that, try refreshing your page/deleting your cookies. Can you still see it? It seems to be an issue that several members are having and no one thing appears to be the culprit (i.e. browser related).

If it helps any, my system is protected by Kaspersky, I also use Malwarebytes, have used CCleaner, among other programs.

PS, I was unaware of this specific issue until it was brought up in this thread.

Last edited:

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
I have a feeling that , Mark forums as Read does not work for anyone, not even for us Moderators!

It has not worked since I have been a Member... Its not really something that I have ever used though.

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
For good measure I tried Firefox and it still wasn't working. I also looked it up on my iPhone and it's not working. I think it's a forum issue but I'm going to try the cookies thing anyway to see what comes of it.

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
The only one that does not work for me is mark forums read!

Everything else works fine.. I have Firefox.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
Like I said, I use Chrome almost exclusively (99% of the time) I have absolutely no issues on here at all. I also don't use extensions as a general rule of thumb. I use CCleaner religiously, at a minimum of 2-3 times a week. My antivirus updates and runs automatically every night, I also have defrag scheduled to run once a week. I probably run Malwarebytes at least twice a month. I also receive notifications from Microsoft on security issues/updates regularly. I always install "critical" updates and review the "important" ones before installing. Please feel free to ask any more questions.

Most Reactions

Latest posts