Page Error???????????

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
2 Bolivian Green Wings-ReaRea & Miri,
2 Yellow Naped 'Zons- Shiloh & Halo,
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
That code involves cookie setting for tapatalk on mobile devices. I don't see how it plays into home PC, non-tapatalk page access.

That's what I'm seeing on my W7 home PC though.

To me (I could be very wrong) shouldn't there be code in there concerning the usual browsers as well?

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Guys... I have sent Admin a PM listing all these problems, so hopefully it will be sorted soon:)

I will keep you updated.

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
That code involves cookie setting for tapatalk on mobile devices. I don't see how it plays into home PC, non-tapatalk page access.
That's what I'm seeing on my W7 home PC though.

To me (I could be very wrong) shouldn't there be code in there concerning the usual browsers as well?
I don't know how they've set up cookie handling for tapatalk or non-tapatalk clients. To possibly learn the answer to your question, though, I would start by comparing the code you've pasted to the code associated with other PF pages which function/load properly on non-tapatalk clients.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
well I'll be...........now I'm getting the error as well (Chrome and IE)!!! :confused:

I'm wondering if you weren't getting the error before because you still had saved cookies... however, if you deleted cookies after this thread was created and tried viewing the page again, that might have been when you started getting the error....

Just a thought.
In my case, at least, that's not likely. I got the error page with 3 different browsers, each of which had been freshly cleared of cookies and web cache.

If you have cookies to a page that you previously saw, then that page becomes 'dead', and you go and view the page again, your browser will use the cookies from the last session to view the page again, so it will appear as if everything is working correctly.

However, when you refresh the page and/or delete cookies, that previously saved information is now gone and the page will appear differently.

This would explain why WharfRat and Wendy might have been able to view those pages without any errors.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
I would start by comparing the code

I already did. here's a small part of it:
This is from a pic posted on PF by a user (pic not hosted off-site)

I looked at all the code and there is no reference to tapatalk at all

2n695ao.jpg

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
I would start by comparing the code
I already did. here's a small part of it:
This is from a pic posted on PF by a user (pic not hosted off-site)

I looked at all the code and there is no reference to tapatalk at all
Then it's possible your suspicion is correct. Maybe the tapatalk module add somehow broke navigation functionality to the public gallery images. Or I suppose it could have been the vBulletin upgrade some months ago, too.

WharfRat

Jul 3, 2012
Central Tx
Parrots
Hahn's Macaw-Kalani
yea, if you'll notice in that last code part you can see a link to the actual image in there as opposed to the 1st series of code I posted that was all tapatalk related.

I haven't had to do any coding or interpret it since I was at Dell almost 2 years ago and that was all in Python. :rolleyes:

plax

Banned
Banned
Jun 29, 2012
United States
Parrots
'Jack' (Blue & Gold),
'Maynard' (Military),
'Zaffer' (Hyacinth),
'Salsa' (Green-wing)
yea, if you'll notice in that last code part you can see a link to the actual image in there as opposed to the 1st series of code I posted that was all tapatalk related.
Right. That's why I said earlier that the link itself is what should direct a client to the correct page(s). If there's no link, well... then you can't get there from here ;)

OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
I'm not tech savy so thanks guys for your help.

Guys... I have sent Admin a PM listing all these problems, so hopefully it will be sorted soon:)

I will keep you updated.

Thanks Wendy.

Last edited:
OP
HumanWings

HumanWings

Jan 18, 2012
mid-western USA
Parrots
I am currently parrotless but hope to be owned by a parrot in the next few months. :-)
Any word on how this is coming along? I just tried again to see if the problem is still a problem and it is. :(

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
I see the smiley's have changed again... glad to know the issues have been resolved! Thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts