Parrot helps solve his owner's murder

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I saw what you did to my person, and the dog...

STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM ME YOU BA$TARD!!!

Absolutely they would remember and react! Especially if that was the favorite person who was killed!

On a lighter note:

There was also a Brazillian guy whose parrot caught his wife cheating...

He came home to find his parrot using his wife's voice, moaning and calling out another man's name.

Bird stayed. Wife was out!

Uhhh...huh! Careful what you say around a bird.

Cuz they may just tell on you...

Last edited:

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
What a smart bird, and good for the husband to pick up on the birds reaction to the nephew! Hope the husband and parrot form a strong bond after this tragedy.

I remember reading an article several years ago about parrots leading the authorities somewhere in South America to a place the cartels were manufacturing drugs deep in the jungle. They thought it would be a wise idea to train the wild parrots who hung out around the plantation to "alert" them to approaching authorities by teaching them to say "police". Well, those parrots didn't always stay in one place, and ended up catching the attention of authorities by screaming "police" from the treetops. They lead them straight to where the drugs were. LOLOLOL!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
So sad, but it's good they caught him. Another example of how smart parrots are! I heard of a cockatoo who tried to protect his owner by attacking the killer while he was attacking the cockatoos owner. Unfortunately, both the owner and bird were killed, but it shows how devoted pets can be.
This one is interesting, and has a better outcome too
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...=Y3aLY8P_vEPLykJZ_brdJQ&bvm=bv.61965928,d.dmQ

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
My birds will be the first to sound off the alarm if a stranger comes in. Willie, Lola, Dixie, JoJo, and Malachai. They all don't tolerate strangers coming in if I'm not around and they won't hesitate to bite either. None of them will allow a stranger to touch them. Malachai will go on full attack if someone tries to open his cage other then us. They will scream hell if something is going on that we don't know about and we will run to check on them and see what's going on. If the fire alarm goes off, my god, everyone starts to scream on the top of their lungs.....

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow Ann, those are great stories that definitely turned out better. Birds are so amazingly smart it is almost scary.

Most Reactions

Latest posts