WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Arika - Blue & Gold Macaw
Wow, Its been a long, LONG time since I've posted. I guess We've been hiding under a rock :) LOL
Seriously, we hope everyone is well and congrats on the new forum upgrade.

We know it takes time to iron out the new forum details and we will provide positive feedback anyway possible.
It will take a little getting used to but we'll work through it.

Just a few comments / questions.
- I see my avatar is there but sig is missing pics
- Other peoples sigs appear to be missing too, (some not all)
- Can't find my photo album (my sig photo was in there and previous posts just show a red "X" where the album photo used to be).
- can we access our old private messages?
- Also, the ads cover up a lot of the drop down menu areas from the top, it was very difficult to log off earlier because the ad covered up the menu drop down

Last edited:

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Wow, Its been a long, LONG time since I've posted. I guess We've been hiding under a rock :) LOL

We know it takes time to iron out the new forum details and we will provide positive feedback anyway possible.

- Can't find my photo album (my sig photo was in there and previous posts just show a red "X" where the album photo used to be).
- Also, the ads cover up a lot of the drop down menu areas from the top, it was very difficult to log off earlier because the ad covered up the menu drop down
It's so good to see you back!
My albums also didn't transfer to the new system, and Admin tried to get them back but unfortunately they couldn't be restored. If you would like to make a new album, the option is now located in the Gallery.
If you click "Add Media" there it opens a menu and "create a personal album" is near the bottom. Pictures can now be uploaded straight from your computer (YAY!).

All your previous PMs should still be here. If you click the envelope next to your name on the top right, then on the bottom of the window that opens click "Show All" you should be able to look through them. PMs are now called Conversations.

To add your signature back in, click the bell icon next to your mail icon, then click "Preferences" at the bottom of that window. The signature option is on the left.

With the ad, I was having the same issue, but I found last night that if I click the Forums choice at the top that the ad isn't a problem there.

I hope this helps:)

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
Terry,
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I try your suggestion about the ads.
Right now, they cover up the log out menu drop down.

I can re-create the albums easy enough.
After I recreate the albums, how do I repair the broken links in old posts that showed pics (linked from the previous forum area) in them?

I found the conversations.
Is there a way to display them as a thread ? Any options to change this?
To follow some of the previous conversations, I have to open each one.
It would be nice to open a conversation and see all the replies in a continuous thread like we had before.
Not the end of the world, just a suggestion.

I'll have to work on restoring the albums later next week.
We'll be posting more often :)

Be safe.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
My pleasure! We're still learning how to get around, too:)

For me, the ad isn't covering anything if I am on the forums page:
https://www.parrotforums.com/forums/
It does cover them on the other sections, I will mention that to our Admin to see if there is a fix.

Do you have an edit button on the old posts? If not, you can send me the pictures and what post they go in and I'll be happy to replace them for you.

For me, the new conversations do show as a thread when I open them., and I can see all the messages sent and received in that particular conversation that reads like a thread. I looked at my PMs from before the upgrade and had to click expand to read the messages in them. I checked to see if I have something checked in my preferences, but I don't see anything that relates to this. I'm going to send you a PM (conversation) and we can test yours.

I'm glad to hear you will be posting more often, we missed y'all!

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Loving the new updated site, and I can actually use parrotforums on my computer again so that resolved whatever issue I was having before. However, can i ask if there will ever be a dark theme / night mode implemented? The site is awfully.. bright

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Parrots
I haven't heard anything about that, I wonder if you could change it in settings on your computer? It may just be my computer but it doesn't seem any brighter than it was to me.

ETA: I just learned from another Mod that Tapatalk had a night mode. Unfortunately, Tapatalk is no longer supported but you may be able to change the settings on your computer so that it isn't as bright. I will ask Admin if that would be an option here as well.

Last edited:

4Nines

Administrator
Apr 6, 2009

Can you take a screenshot of the ads that cover up the drop-down menus? I can't seem to replicate this on my end so a picture of what's happening on your computer would help us resolve this.

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
4Nines,

Thank you for your reply.
I'm using firefox 90.0.2 64 bit on Win 10 Pro
Coverup occurs on drop-downs for conversations, alerts, search and my profile.
Always on the right side of screen.
Let me know if you need any other info.

Screen shot enclosed while viewing this URL on the forum:

PF_Ad_Coverup.JPG

WakaWaka

Supporting Member
Jun 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Baltimore Maryland
Parrots
I was able to go back to some old posts (2018) and fix broken links to videos on Youtube.
Really appreciate the ability to edit the older posts, couldn't do that on the old forum !!!
Looks like we may be able to repair the missing photos ourselves once we have a little more time.
Much thanks to the Admin and Mods !!

OP
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 6, 2009
Loving the new updated site, and I can actually use parrotforums on my computer again so that resolved whatever issue I was having before. However, can i ask if there will ever be a dark theme / night mode implemented? The site is awfully.. bright

parrot-forums-dark-mode.png

Click on the lightbulb at the top of the screen and that will change the look of the site to a dark mode.

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Dark mode also available in user profile right at the top in preferences :)

Most Reactions