Paulie and Walley like each other but...

Paulie09

Jan 19, 2021
Boston Area
Parrots
Paulie - Sun Conure
Will they like me in the future?
Hello all, my first post...

I have two 9-10 month old Conures. I got them both at 5-6 months. Neither are sexed. Separate cages couple feet apart.

Recently Paulie started flying so he constantly flies over to Walley soon after I let them out for play time. They seem to get along and enjoy each other.

My question and concern is if they will eventually not like me if they continue to hang out with each other longer periods. Should I restrict the time they hang out together? What are your experiences?

Thanks,
Paulie09

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Welcome and be welcomed.

THat's always a possibility, that they are more into each other than with you. I've never been a multi-bird house, but conventional wisdom is to make time so you spend an hour or more with each every day, of 1 on 1 time, to maintain and strengthen your bond with them. Playing, training and just being with each bird separately can't hurt.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I have had an amazon pair (two actually) and two Cockatiel pairs.

It’s a long story but in short I didn’t have any trouble staying on good terms with the birds that started out friendly.
Just make sure you continue to spend quality time with the bird(s) that are friendly.
Texsize

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
Yeah as long as you continue to spend quality time with them they will continue to see you as part of the flock. Training is a great way to strengthen bonds even if its just some fun tricks.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
O haven't had issues in my multi bird home. Currently Penny and Pikachu, 2 girls are bonded and like to be close. But they also like to be close with me. I do spend a lot of time with them.

Most Reactions