Pawpaw's Diary

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
HI PawPaw! It is nice of your human slave to take you outside, with no cage. But, I also see that she is using a leg chain when you are outside. I know this is very common practice in Asia and China especially, BUT leg chains are OK for raptor type birds - eagles, owl, falcon, and others. Parrot legs are not as sturdy and strong as raptor legs. Leg chains on parrot legs are likely to cause damage to the leg is you suddenly try to fly away or fall off your humans bicycle. Any sudden jerk on the chain can snap your leg very easily. A much, much better restraint is a parrot harness. The best design and materials are with an AVIATOR Harness. It will take a while for you to get used to putting it on, taking it off and to relax enough so you don't spend your outside time trying to chew through the harness material. But it is 1,000% better then a leg chain. Learning to use a parrot harness can take a lot of work for you and your human slave - it took my Daddy a whole year, practicing every day for a year before I was very comfortable with my harness, but now I get to go outside every chance my human gets and I feel really safe with it on.

The Aviator Harness

是很常见的做法,尤其是,但腿链对于猛禽类鸟类(老鹰、猫头鹰、猎鹰等)来说是可以的。 鹦鹉的腿不像猛禽的腿那样粗壮有力。 如果您突然试图飞走或从人类自行车上掉下来,鹦鹉腿上的腿链可能会对腿造成伤害。 链条上的任何突然猛拉都可能很容易折断您的腿。 鹦鹉吊带是一种更好的约束装置。 最好的设计和材料是飞行员背带。 您需要一段时间才能习惯穿上、脱下并充分放松,这样您就不会在户外花费时间去咀嚼安全带材料。 但它比腿链好 1,000%。 学习使用鹦鹉背带对你和你的人类奴隶来说可能需要做很多工作——我爸爸花了整整一年的时间,每天练习一年,才让我对我的背带感到非常舒服,但现在我每天都可以出去走走。 我的人类得到了机会,戴上它我感到非常安全。
OMG I did not know that before! I think my human doesn't want to hurt me, maybe she also didn't know that. I will tell her and order her change the elastic rope to harness. Thank you for remindering! (And save my leg!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
WOW! SNOW! I was born in tropical areas so I never see snow before! Is that nice?
I am sorry that I may use the wrong word, when I said nourishing pills I was meaning the pelleted food. They are quite nice! My human said it contains different kinds of nutrients, maybe you can also try some.
I haven't eaten seeds because I was stomach bleeding due to the "stress reponse" during the journey. But now I think I am already recovered. I think I can will try some seeds next week
our human both loves and hates it. She can’t make up her mind. I personally don’t like it. It makes the outside freezing cold! We like the summer though.

Last year, it was super sunny and hot, although it gave our human something called “heatstroke” and “sunburn” and she was super sick for like two weeks. That was when I was an only bird. This year it’s super cloudy and cold, and our human is sick of it. She is always talking about how excited she is for the cold. I don’t understand why. She runs through the snow in shorts and a tee shirt then come in shivering and red, yet she says she’s excited? Yeah, no thanks.

What’s it like living in a tropical area? It is rainy? Do you see any parrots like us? Do you see any birds there? None of us know what the tropics are like. Are there rats there?

Ohh that makes sense! It’s alright! I sometimes forget certain words too. I eat pellets too! Although I definitely prefer seeds.

That sounds so scary!! You can bleed from just stress?! Are you ok now?

You have GOT to try millet first! It’s NEVER a miss! It’s so yummy and tasty! Sunflower seeds are good too buuut our human says they’re not very good for you because “they’re fatty”. Psh, what does she know? All she does is read books or write books when she isn’t playing with us. Ugh.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Now I have recovered so I can play with my human friend! We played lots of game together, and the scrooter is SO interesting! Sadly she stays at school for the most of the time except weekands, and once she got home, she still got lots of things to do. So although I am already a healthy bird, we still can not play together for a long time. Lucky her mom is also nice to me. She doesn't play game with me, but she likes petting me like her daughter. That's nice, isn't it?
But sometimes she is strange. She was afraid to touch me at first, but soon she petting me everyday, and greets to me every morning! I thinks this might mean she likes me, but last week, when she phoned someone else, I heard she said that she accept me only because her daughter wanted a sun conure, and she thought this could comfort her depressed daughter. Herself actually didn't want a pet because she thought pet are messy.
I can't believe it! I think there are something wrong. Maybe she is making mistakes. Human making mistakes to, do they? I think she loves me like her daughter! And her daughter, my human is not depressed. I only heard that big parrots may get depressed, such as African grey. But I haven't meet them before. Human? They seems to own everything, why are they depressed too?
By the way, the human society are quiet strange too! I am not three mouth old yet but I am already leaved my parents and live independently. But my human is already 19, why she still lives with her mom? Will her mom send her away? Who shall I follow?
I got so many questions, but still had a nice sleep. It's comforting that her mom still greets to me next morning. Let me feed myself first and leave those questions to future.
Hi Pawpaw!
That bird Cafe sure looks like fun! We don't have anything like that here but my human lets me play with another budgie, a good looking boy named Beau! We have lots of fun together.
You may only be a baby bird and your human may only be 19 but borh of you sure are smart! You are very observant about your human, her mother and human nature. It's too bad she can't bring you to where she goes to school during the week. I hope she spends as much time with you as she can on weekends. Maybe her mother can take you out of your cage and play with you during the week. It will be sad for you if no one plays with you. You're my friend and I don't want you to get sad and lonely.
Rocky

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
our human both loves and hates it. She can’t make up her mind. I personally don’t like it. It makes the outside freezing cold! We like the summer though.

Last year, it was super sunny and hot, although it gave our human something called “heatstroke” and “sunburn” and she was super sick for like two weeks. That was when I was an only bird. This year it’s super cloudy and cold, and our human is sick of it. She is always talking about how excited she is for the cold. I don’t understand why. She runs through the snow in shorts and a tee shirt then come in shivering and red, yet she says she’s excited? Yeah, no thanks.

What’s it like living in a tropical area? It is rainy? Do you see any parrots like us? Do you see any birds there? None of us know what the tropics are like. Are there rats there?

Ohh that makes sense! It’s alright! I sometimes forget certain words too. I eat pellets too! Although I definitely prefer seeds.

That sounds so scary!! You can bleed from just stress?! Are you ok now?

You have GOT to try millet first! It’s NEVER a miss! It’s so yummy and tasty! Sunflower seeds are good too buuut our human says they’re not very good for you because “they’re fatty”. Psh, what does she know? All she does is read books or write books when she isn’t playing with us. Ugh.
The snow seems to be complex and amazing! Now I am looking forward to snow. I was born in Hainan, a large trophical island in the southest part of China. It's known for its long coastline, beach and clear sea water, but I was born in the northern part of the island, which is surrounded by beautiful little mountains and forests. You can see light fogs surrounds the mountains every morning, making those mountains a little bit mesterious, but actually they are peace and nice. The winter there is still warm, but the summar is really hot. I wasn't born in the wild so I am not familiar with local birds. But I know many parrots! I grew up with many sun conures babies, and there were many other parrots in the room, such as macaws(they are huge!)and lorikeet.
I got "stress response" because I have taken the plane from Hainan to Beijing. Its cool that you can be in the sky without flapping your wings, but its also a horrible journey at the same time because the cage is small and dark, and the weather is hot at the same time. But don't worry about me, I am already recovered!
Thank you! I will definetely try millet!

OP
pawpaw

pawpaw

Jun 15, 2023
Parrots
sun conure
Hi Pawpaw!
That bird Cafe sure looks like fun! We don't have anything like that here but my human lets me play with another budgie, a good looking boy named Beau! We have lots of fun together.
You may only be a baby bird and your human may only be 19 but borh of you sure are smart! You are very observant about your human, her mother and human nature. It's too bad she can't bring you to where she goes to school during the week. I hope she spends as much time with you as she can on weekends. Maybe her mother can take you out of your cage and play with you during the week. It will be sad for you if no one plays with you. You're my friend and I don't want you to get sad and lonely.
Rocky
Yes the cafe is really interesting! But its also nice to play with the same species. I hadn't met a sun conure in the Cafe.
I am still questionable about the human society, but I think my human friends love me, and I love them,. Thats enough. Yes its sad that my human need to stay at school during the week days, but lucky she will start her summer holiday next week! We can stay together then!
Her mom opens the cages everyday and I fly to her shoulder. She doesn't play games with me, but she petting me and chat with me. I also have many toys so don't worry about me Rocky! Although I still miss my human now.
Thank you for your caring. I hope we can meet in the future.
Pawpaw

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
The snow seems to be complex and amazing! Now I am looking forward to snow. I was born in Hainan, a large trophical island in the southest part of China. It's known for its long coastline, beach and clear sea water, but I was born in the northern part of the island, which is surrounded by beautiful little mountains and forests. You can see light fogs surrounds the mountains every morning, making those mountains a little bit mesterious, but actually they are peace and nice. The winter there is still warm, but the summar is really hot. I wasn't born in the wild so I am not familiar with local birds. But I know many parrots! I grew up with many sun conures babies, and there were many other parrots in the room, such as macaws(they are huge!)and lorikeet.
I got "stress response" because I have taken the plane from Hainan to Beijing. Its cool that you can be in the sky without flapping your wings, but its also a horrible journey at the same time because the cage is small and dark, and the weather is hot at the same time. But don't worry about me, I am already recovered!
Thank you! I will definetely try millet!

Snow can be dangerous! Especially after windstorms. Our human sometimes comes back in, bleeding everywhere from her shins and calves. Apparently there’s an “ice crust” on the snow after a while.

Hainan sounds so beautiful! Beaches, foggy days, the mysterious mountains… sounds awesome! I hatched in California, and Cricket apparently hatched in Anchorage, Alaska, and the birds before us hatched in I believe florida, in a mill… like me… oh well, I have a slave to scream at and take food from! You’re so lucky to have hatched in such a beautiful place!

We all hatched in captivity too, but our human has taught me the names of a few birds! Boreal and black capped chickadees, Bohemian Waxwings, steller’s jays, gray jays, dark eyed juncos, and many more. We even learn about birds from all over the globe! Although, we don’t care much about it.

You’re so lucky to have seen so many birds! We don’t see any other birds in real life. Sure we see videos, pictures, and wild birds, but aside from that, we don’t see other birds.

That is so scary!!! Did your human freak out? At least you are all better now!

Great! Safflower is also super yummy!

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Yes the cafe is really interesting! But its also nice to play with the same species. I hadn't met a sun conure in the Cafe.
I am still questionable about the human society, but I think my human friends love me, and I love them,. Thats enough. Yes its sad that my human need to stay at school during the week days, but lucky she will start her summer holiday next week! We can stay together then!
Her mom opens the cages everyday and I fly to her shoulder. She doesn't play games with me, but she petting me and chat with me. I also have many toys so don't worry about me Rocky! Although I still miss my human now.
Pawpaw
It sounds like you're going to have a wonderful summer with your favorite human. I think her mother likes you a lot even though she wasn't sure she would in the beginning. Try not to make too much of a mess for her to clean up (ha ha ha). It's nice that she lets you fly around and talks to you. I'm sure she's a really nice lady and wants her daughter to be happy.
Rocky

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Pawpaw
What is your human studying at school? I hope it's something interesting like Birds! (Ha ha ha)!

Most Reactions