Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
My birds have never really had pellets and I've always given them Harrisons mash with fresh chop and a dry seed mix with herbs and vegetables added but I finally found a pellet that they can have, which helps me out a lot as I can use it for enrichment and also reduce their seed intake. I expected it would be difficult to get my conures, Sierra and Tequila to like them but after a taste of one they absolutely love them! It will be a lot cheaper to feed them this way too, and easier for other people to look after them when I go on holidays!
Here's some pictures of them enjoying the pellets (and helping me write this post!)
IMG_0526.JPGIMG_0528.JPGIMG_0535.JPGIMG_0536.JPGIMG_0540.JPG
IMG_0527.JPGIMG_0539.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0527.JPG
    IMG_0527.JPG
    282.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0539.JPG
    IMG_0539.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 17

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My birds have never really had pellets and I've always given them Harrisons mash with fresh chop and a dry seed mix with herbs and vegetables added but I finally found a pellet that they can have, which helps me out a lot as I can use it for enrichment and also reduce their seed intake. I expected it would be difficult to get my conures, Sierra and Tequila to like them but after a taste of one they absolutely love them! It will be a lot cheaper to feed them this way too, and easier for other people to look after them when I go on holidays!
Here's some pictures of them enjoying the pellets (and helping me write this post!)
View attachment 52541View attachment 52543View attachment 52544View attachment 52545View attachment 52547
View attachment 52540View attachment 52539
Such cute birds! They look really sweet. What kind of pellets are they?

OP
Greenhouseparrots

Greenhouseparrots

Nov 27, 2022
UK
Parrots
Crimson bellied conure- Tequila
Greencheek conure- Sierra
Pearled cockatiel- Malibu
Cockatiel- Volkan
Yellow budgies- Pina Colada and Houdini
Blue budgie- Lightning
White and blue budgie- Ciroc
Such cute birds! They look really sweet. What kind of pellets are they?
It's pretty bird natural gold, I didn't expect them to like them so much! My budgies aren't convinced they're food though so I'm having troubles getting them to eat it :ROFLMAO:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
It's pretty bird natural gold, I didn't expect them to like them so much! My budgies aren't convinced they're food though so I'm having troubles getting them to eat it :ROFLMAO:
Budgies can be really stubborn when it comes to new foods like pellets unless started on them when weaning. Always worth trying.

Most Reactions

Latest posts