Penny is sick, I've been holding back making a thread

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Base on your foundation photos, one would believe that your documents are guided by a Parrot, while a horse enjoys a cooling moment for you! :D

So very happy that things continue to move in a favorable direction!

I took that picture of a wild stallion swimming and playing in a tidal creek when I was kayaking!! Before I developed myasthenia gravis. Its my favorite picture, and he is in saltwater, baby sharks were swimming around too. It was my two passion kayaking and wildlife viewing. Its one of the cruelest things myasthenia robbed me of. Thank goodness for parrots!

This is after when he joined his mare and foal. It was a beautiful day and paddle

25984d1616014787-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210317_165755.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Pretty view, but we'll all be happier when you're at home and rejuvenated after therapy!

I actually paddled that river!!!
I'm feeling stronger, 2 more days to go.

Oh my sweet sweet birds. I put out all kinds of treat foods to make up for being gone all day. But they just want love and cuddling ...after they all screamed at me first of course. So I knew how they felt. Definitely vented their frustration, then thankfully I was forgiven.
Too funny! I spooked them while texting, they have abandoned me during this writing and now chowing on treats!!@ too perfect!!

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Pikachu 118 a new high i think
Penny 109
Tadah 85! ( how far in advance do they gain weight before eggs????) 11 grams above normal
Orbit 95
Doxycycline continues
Ran out of yogurt and Ta-dah stool loose again...will pick it some tomorrow
I'm feeling stronger. Treatment week done!

Last edited:

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
So glad you're feeling stronger, Laura! The fids sound like things are going great! Doxycycline is notorious for causing loose stools (saying it nicely, you know...) or upset stomach in people, so stands to reason it would do similar with the birds. This too shall pass! You got this my friend! :)

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Today they got their normal routine, after a week of me being gone. I hadn't managed to give them veggies everyday.

So today I gave them everything I had i. The house! Black berries. Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, celery, peppers, sugar snap peas, mustard leaves, abd cucumber!!

Oh man were they happy! Tore out of their cages and raced up to the veggies plates . Dug in with gusto!!! They do missed tgeir veggies!! Normally there is a lot of waste, and things only get a chomp or two. Not Today! They eating it to oblivion!!!

This is Penny she was chomping, but she hates fir me to take pictures if her eating...I swear she was just chomping. She is looking lovingly at her veggie plate! Anyway sweet Penny is today's photo
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23353-20210320-085424.jpg

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
It’s amazing how good at detecting when a camera is aimed at them.

Glad to hear your flock is finally all well and you are back for them.
Wes

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Thanks! Penny is sitting on my shoulder contentment and beak grinding.

Her face is so sweet. But when I rescued her she was one angry burd@ used to aim poops at me whenever I was near! And she had great aim. I'm so happy to have saved her twice! She is my vets favorite.

Edit: I'm watching monster hunters on my phone. When the dragon roared Pennys eyes got big and she roared back@@
Parrots are so amazing!!

Last edited:

Lisa999

Dec 31, 2020
Denver, Colorado
Parrots
Alex GCC - RIP
Your Penny is so sweet, I love it when you post your birds’ pictures.
I went to a bird rescue last week to volunteer and took some pictures of sweet birds there - they make me happy when I look at them.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Today they got their normal routine, after a week of me being gone. I hadn't managed to give them veggies everyday.

So today I gave them everything I had i. The house! Black berries. Broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, celery, peppers, sugar snap peas, mustard leaves, abd cucumber!!

Oh man were they happy! Tore out of their cages and raced up to the veggies plates . Dug in with gusto!!! They do missed tgeir veggies!! Normally there is a lot of waste, and things only get a chomp or two. Not Today! They eating it to oblivion!!!

This is Penny she was chomping, but she hates fir me to take pictures if her eating...I swear she was just chomping. She is looking lovingly at her veggie plate! Anyway sweet Penny is today's photo
laurasea-albums-penny-picture23353-20210320-085424.jpg

What a sweetie Penny is! Sure they were happy to dig in to their vegies, but happier still to be doing so in the company of their loving Flock Leader, I'll wager. Great to see you all doing so well!

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The birds are grouchy and out if sorts today. All this change In routine has effected them. I rarely ever have grumpy burds, ...so its weird.

A new toy was discovered and one test chomp was given! Will update when test results are in and toy receives approval rating! Lol

26008d1616340321-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210321_111828.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
2 more weeks of doxycycline, so far so good.
My 3 quakers all together!! Motivated to get this picture with my 3 quaker pins!! The heck if I get them in a row to match the pins tho lol!! Called this good
( note, all 3 have their own large cage, can't be together unsupervised, took months to years to get them to behave together. )
laurasea-albums-quaker-picture23364-20210325-131121.jpg

And my very own Squeekmouse creation of my much loved and missed Neptune
laurasea-albums-quaker-picture23366-20200908-144456.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Still on doxycycline for psittacosis

Today extras, plum, strawberries, asparagus, yellow quash , peppers, cauliflower, brousell sprouts, carrots, sugar snap peas, romaine lettuce. I also shared one beak full each if scrambled eggs.. im making bean and lentils
soup for lunch so they will get a few cooked beans and lentils at lunch time.. Tonight I will serve cabbage, mustard leaves, broccoli, zucchini, and some of the above again as their extras to seed and pellets diet.

Its very nice outside! So I will rolll their secured cages outside to dabbled shade so we can all enjoy!! This usually makes thrm want to take a bath do ea h cage will have a shallow dish with water if they want a sunshine bath.

Orbit is fascinated when Penny and Pikachu do any courting. This is not the best picture, but sure shows him enjoying the show! Orbits feathers are all messed up from me smooching the top of his head.

26028d1616857081-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210327_103150.jpg

Last edited:

Littleredbeak

May 27, 2020
Sounds like everyone on is on the mend -Finally! You are one beyond incredible woman taking such excellent care of your sick birds AND juggling your own hospital care ! You are amazing Laurasea and your birds and everyone on this forum are very lucky to have you. Thank you for sharing your birds journey with us and helping other birds on the way.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Sounds like everyone on is on the mend -Finally! You are one beyond incredible woman taking such excellent care of your sick birds AND juggling your own hospital care ! You are amazing Laurasea and your birds and everyone on this forum are very lucky to have you. Thank you for sharing your birds journey with us and helping other birds on the way.

thank you so much for kind words! I hope so!! I'm afraid to make any statement as this has bern such a long process!!! My vet wants to extend the treatment to the end of next month. Ta-dah gets diarrhea if I stop yogurt, or go longer than 3 days without feeding it. On yogurt her poops stay great.

My treatment protocol for myself has changed to 5 days a month at the hospital infusion center( home nights) its supposed to be better fir my kidneys. But that means over 10 hours that week just driving, as is over an hour away. I'm very thankful tho, to live near a city large enough to provide treatment...and for a the plasma donors! But I'm bummed as I used to go just 2 days a month.

OP
Laurasea

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The doxycycline continues on, no bumps in the road.

Had to share this of Penny eating her greens. She eats her veggies, but has only recently started eating the leafy stuff so it makes me so happy! This is bagged slaw I shared

26053d1617217685-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210331_145809.jpg

Last edited:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
The doxycycline continues on, no bumps in the road.

Had to share this of Penny eating her greens. She eats her veggies, but has only recently started eating the leafy stuff so it makes me so happy! This is bagged slaw I shared

26053d1617217685-penny-sick-i-ve-been-holding-back-making-thread-20210331_145809.jpg

LOL! CUTE-- reminds me of an old lady at a church picnic eating coleslaw or something (don't get me wrong, I have no issue with coleslaw, I just say this based on her dainty consumption and what I know already lol)

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Awwww! Go Penny! She's so cute :) Glad to hear things are going well with the flock. Fingers crossed for it to continue, so you can get back to just being mom instead of nurse maid mega-mom!

Most Reactions

Latest posts