May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
In some sort of accident involving the fish tank. I’m so stupid I never should have gone on vacation but now I did and he’s dead. It’s so pathetic, I can’t even cry even though I’m sad. He didn’t deserve this.

Last edited:
OP
π•Ύπ–™π–”π–—π–’π–žπ•»π–Žπ–ˆπ–†
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
And that post makes me sound like I don’t even care, when I do. I can’t think, eat, sleep, anything. I just… loved him so much, and he 100% didn’t deserve it.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Oh no!

Your post does not at all make it sound like you don't care ❀️

I'm so so sorry, Stormy πŸ’” You give so much love to all your animals and I know Pepper loved you.
I know, but I wish he had passed naturally. Apparently it was a traumatic accident involving the fish tank. I honestly don’t even know if I’ll be able to keep it. It’ll just be a constant reminder of what happened.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Stormy, I'm so sorry this terrible thing has happened to Pepper and to you :( Accidents like this are just so hard to bear - I lost count of the number of times I almost sat on my poor little Lilly, she just moved so fast and so often managed to get herself in harm's way! I know it's hard, but please try not to blame yourself, Pepper knew how much you loved him and that you would never intend such a fate for him. I'm so sorry for your loss, Stormy πŸ’”

moon1964

Jun 8, 2018
Washington
Parrots
double yellow-head amazon...Angel
blue-front amazon...Blue

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Oh no. I’m so sorry for the loss of Pepper. Please don’t beat yourself up too much. It’s very clear to everyone here how much you love your birds. Tragic accidents happen, and if you weren’t there it can hardly be your fault.

When we lost our Cricket I was devastated and blamed myself also. I decided after beating myself up extensively for over a month that the best way I could honor his memory would be to do my best to learn from what happened and prevent it from happening in the future. If you feel that rehoming your fish tank would be the best way to do that that’s totally okay.

I again am so sorry for your loss. Feel free to talk it out as much as you need to, we are here for you.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
So sorry. Please let me say something I always try to say during bereavement... your darling passed while loved and treasured, and that is a gift into Eternity. I wish you comfort. Thank you for being brave enough to share.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am really sorry to hear about Pepper. I hope that you are okay. Accidents truly do happen. Know that we are all here for you if you need to talk.

Pepper was a beautiful budgie, and anyone can see through his photos that he was loved. This could of happened to any of us. Birds are so fragile :(

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I am so sorry dear Pepper has passed... it's never easy. It's hard when you keep on thinking about what you could have done differently.

Sending hugs and thinking about you in this hard time.

Last edited:
OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Thanks guys. I’m still getting over the shock of it, but you guys are amazing, thanks for all the condolences❀️

Kentuckienne

Supporting Vendor
Oct 9, 2016
Middle of nowhere (kentuckianna)
Parrots
Roommates include Gus, Blue and gold macaw rescue and Coco, secondhand amazon
What happened at the last wasn’t your fault.

The part of the story you own is the part full of love, and caring attention, and love. The main part.

Now you have a more difficult part, which is putting one foot in front of the other without your friend. This takes courage and strength and a kind of trust that the world will keep holding together. It also takes love, lots of love: love for your own self, for that kind person who is suffering so much right now. Pepper loved you, and was not wrong in sensing the goodness in you. In his honor…in tribute to his life…you must now do the same. Give yourself all the love and gratitude you can, and know that some of us are adding our own warm affection to that store. Life is long, and there are many hearts that you will touch that you haven’t even met yet. You are going to need a full tank of love. Thank you for doing so much for him, and for sharing his story with all of us. It added love to my own tank.

OP
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
So turns out I have ANOTHER week-long vacation starting this weekend. I have no clue how I can trust anyone after this, I feel like leaving my birds alone with anyone other than me is a death sentence.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Stormy, I am so sorry for your loss of Pepper. It was not in any way your fault, please try to take it easy on yourself. You take wonderful care of your flock, and it is obvious in your every post how much they are loved.
Sending you hugs of comfort, my Friend.
Pepper, fly free Beautiful Boy. You will always be loved and remembered.

Most Reactions

Latest posts