HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Hi everyone.
Thought Iโ€™d share some photos of Percy with his new friend Gizmo.
I put water in the seedmate yesterday to see if theyโ€™d like a bath hence why Gizmo is โ€˜checking outโ€™ whatโ€™s new in the seedMate.
hannahandsunny-albums-percy-gizmo-picture22684-gizmo-percy.jpeg

hannahandsunny-albums-percy-gizmo-picture22683-gizmo.jpeg

hannahandsunny-albums-percy-gizmo-picture22682-gizmo.jpeg

Had a scare last week, The fire was burning very hot and suddenly we could smell plastic. Then the flume was glowing and embers coming out the chimney, the house stunk of burning plastic. We sprung open all the windows and carried the bird cage outside as quick as possible, the poor birds were so confused and to make it worse it was dark and raining outside. Left them out there for 2 hours until the house had completely aired out.
We have absolutely no idea what made the smell as were certain we didnโ€™t put anything but wood in the fire. Perhaps a magpie dropped something down the flume. I was so scared the birds were going to die over night.
Thankfully all was well in the morning !

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Plastic is so very common near everywhere these days that the sources are endless. As you stated, something dropped from above, or something caught in /on the wood itself.

The birds must have been spooked being outside during the airing out of your home.

Mar 30, 2020
Texas
Parrots
13 cockatiels 2 sun conures
HEY! It so good to see you back! Sorry to hear about your scare but your new addition is a good looking teil!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Hannah, thanks so much for Gizmo's official introduction!! Percy and Gizmo look so happy together. I hope Gizmo is tame with you, if so Percy might come around and see you as loving parront!

Sorry you had a terrible scare, quick action saved the day!!

OP
HannahandSunny

HannahandSunny

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
Jan 13, 2019
Australia
Parrots
Cockatiels. Percy & Gizmo

Forever in my heart. Sunny the Corella
Thanks everyone. Gizmo isnโ€™t tame, I could probably work on him though as he is young and less fearful. He is quite the character, He actually plays unlike Mr Serious Percy pants. Gizmo has taught Percy to investigate different foods such as kale which is great! I wasnโ€™t certain that a Gizmo was a boy but he is extremely vocal.. so Iโ€™m guessing he is! Itโ€™s been a real weight off my shoulders to see Percy happier, with a friend. (Although I think Percy finds him quite irritating at times lol).
I did pay for an online consultation to help tame them. But I havenโ€™t had much luck so far.
Oh well. I might put them outside in the aviary in the spring. But Iโ€™ll see..

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Love the humor: " Mr Serious Percy pants. " :D

You have a way of seeing their inter-selves.

They are lucky Parrots and do not yet know it!

Most Reactions

Latest posts