Playgym on a budget (Funtime Birdy)

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
I really like the design of this playgym. Does anyone have any experience with the products from Funtime Birdy? I have a Sun Conure and I think this is a great design and I like the price. This is my first bird so I may be overlooking things or not know what I am talking about. :) Your thoughts, experiences are appreciated. Thanks.

Parrot Playgym for Cockatiel and Conure Size Birds

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
i'd get something a little bit bigger for a sun :) the playgym design is cute, but to be honest though they market them to cockatiels and similiar sized birds, i personally feel they are way too small to really be of any benefit to our birds. theyre more of a small place to perch, almost like a T-stand. a playgym should be able to provide room to climb around and get some exercise :D i'd go twice as big at least ;)

you can also make your own for a cheap price if you are on a budget (that's what i do!)

DallyTsuka

Mar 19, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Parrots
Dallas and Tsukasa (Cockatiels)
Mango and Munchlax (Peach Faced Lovebirds)
since you live in the States, this site is free shipping over $100 i believe. if you buy 2 of these gyms, it'll still be cheaper than the smaller one you are posting.

Double Decker Play Gym - TABLE TOP PLAY GYMS by MY SAFE BIRD STORE

however, i'd wrap the dowels in some sisal, cotton rope, and jute to make them better for the feet :)

take a look at MSBS's playgyms, they got some good ones :D for cheaper as well, plus free shipping for over $100.

too bad the java trees are out of stock, because tree stands are the best for birds--they're natural and good for the feet and birds usually love them!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
There are some PVC play gyms that are much bigger and around the same price.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I can't wait to move so I can get a huge java tree! You can always get a cheap one and wait for the java trees to be back in stock...

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
I got this for Kiwi, she's a green cheek but it seems big enough for a Sun as well. It's a pretty good price for its size, portability and sturdiness. Kiwi LOVES it!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Prevue-Playstand-3181-Hammertone-17-625-Inch/dp/B0027J7M0S/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1391006955&sr=1-1&keywords=bird+play+stand"]Amazon.com: Prevue Pet Products Small Parrot Playstand 3181 Black Hammertone, 17.625-Inch by 16-1/2-Inch by 59-Inch: Pet Supplies[/ame]

Here is a pic of it decorated ^.^

kiwis-albums-kiwi-stardust-picture10508-a.jpg

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
that is almost 140 dollars,i think you get way to little for that money.
Can't you make one yourself?that way you can make it to suit the needs of your sun.
And it's a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
OP
Squirt

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
I'm not real crafty and am too nervous to make one myself because I would be scared I wouldn't make it safe enough. I guess I will keep looking. My boyfriend has a big java tree. I'm not real interested in those and they are very expensive.

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
the prevue play stand is $90, with free shipping if you have amazon prime. That's about $50 less than the play stand you are currently looking at. With that extra $50 you could buy a bunch of toys to hang on the stand. You get a bigger product, easier to clean, with more toys for the same price ^.^

OP
Squirt

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
I just ordered it, Kiwi. I signed up for an Amazon card and got $20 off! It was too good of a deal. :)

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
LoL! Wow that's fantastic! You and your sunny are going to love it. Kiwi practically jumps off my shoulder to get on and play on it when she sees me wheel it out. Have fun!

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots
i got 1 green cheek cinnamon,a rose crowned,a yellow sided and a hybride from the first 2

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
That's great,now you get you money worth.
I hope your sun will love it.
Do post pics:D

OP
Squirt

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
It will be here Friday but we (Me, my daughter, and Tallulah) will be visiting family 2 hours away for the weekend so hopefully next week I can post photos. I love Kiwi's set up! When you see pictures online and they are all bare without the toys it doesn't do them justice.

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
I agree! It's lots of fun decorating it, I rotate her toys every week too so she always has something new to discover/destroy 0.0

Some tips I've picked up on the way that are non-decorational:

One of the amazon reviewers mentioned he wrapped the metal bars with sisal rope, and that really does help with grip.

Also, she tends to stand on the top and poop into her food dish below though, so I wedge a piece of junk mail over the food dish so it acts like a roof

Can't wait to see pictures of your (I mean your conure's ^.^) new play stand!!

OP
Squirt

Squirt

Oct 13, 2013
NJ
Parrots
Sun Conure (f) Tallulah
I just put it together. Pictures coming soon.

hacatta

Dec 22, 2013
Parrots

Kiva
Fury
Pixel
Hope
Still waiting:D

jbail1026

Aug 6, 2012
Media
Lexington, KY
Parrots
Family bird: Yellow-Naped Amazon (George '88)
My girl: Turquoise Peachfaced lovebird (Ollie Belle, hatched 9/1/13)
Awesome! I bought this playstand a while ago because it was such a good deal, but haven't put it together yet. Kiwi's looks so great with all the toys and rope! I'm going to be getting to this STAT now.

Most Reactions

Latest posts