Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
Pudgie & lemon cockatiels
Abbie & Finch zebra finches
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Enjoy some pictures of my two girls from playtime earlier :) hope all is well with everyone and their fids :)

Last edited:
OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Pickles who has settled in nicely.

Last edited:
OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
My baby kiwi at three months old :)

Last edited:

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
Thanks for the pics. Wow, Kiwi is kinda small. Or Pickles is a very large YCA. Is Kiwi saying any thing yet? BTW you need a better "Parrot mix", sunflower and corn is not the best diet. Any luck with fresh veggies?

Last edited:
OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Awww thank you for the kind responses. Yes kiwi and pickles get along well, the preen each other and play, they re quite chatty. Pickles can say hello but kiwi hasn't said any words yet. Hello there Capt, how are you and your flock? Kiwi is tiny, the vet said she's underweight for her age and had vitamin A deficiency, so I ve been giving her the multivitamin drops the vet gave me and been feeding three meals a day and one snack, I use that parrot mix as a snack is that ok? For feeding they get moist egg food with fruit or veg, string beans, broccoli , carrots, pumpkin, apples peeled and seeds removed, plums, pears, poppy seed muffin, banana bread. Is that ok or do I need to do an over haul of their diet. Pickles is older, 6 months I ve been told and she's much bigger than my baby kiwi.

OP
P

prsgirl77

Jul 5, 2013
Parrots
Pickles YCA
Kiwi OWA
Basil YCA
8 budgies
Luna & Lucy RES
Thank you kq_fan :) they certainly keep me occupied :)

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
hey girl, what types of pellets can you get there? I try to do 50% daily maintenance pellets , 40% veggies,sprouts and 10% fruit, seeds,nuts. Have any christmas palms? They have the red nuts when ripe, or queen palm nuts, royal poinciana trees with the pretty red flowers and long,tough seed pods? You can add a small amount of butter to her veggies ,that will help her to eat them better. Butter is very rich in VitA . Red Palm Oil too (sometimes sold as Sunshine Factor) I feed a lots of that vitA rich stuff and don't need the vitamin supplements. Of course you need to do what the vet says, but with the right diet you shouldn't need to add vitamins.

Last edited:

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
What great pictures!!! They looks so happy!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

Most Reactions