Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
This is a very important message so I hope you guys read clearly!! This is specifically for small-medium birds but larger bird can also be killed/hurt like this..

Please, don't let your birds walk on the floor, and when your birds are out-and-about, PLEASE look where you are walking, it's best to scoot around with your feet to prevent stepping on them.

Why am I making this post all of a sudden?

I almost killed my bird today. I was trying to chase my budgies out of my bathroom and I didn't think to look on the floor and I felt something under my toes... then I heard a screech:

I stepped on my show-budgie, Sunny😰 I dodged a bullet this time. I luckily didn't step very hard, but she could've died!!

There are so, SO many horror stories online of how people killed their birds this way.

Even if your bird enjoys walking on the ground, it's not a good idea. You might need to rush somewhere all of a sudden, you might not have enough time to think and start running and accidentally step on your fid. A little budgie or cockatiel can easily break many bones this way, possibly even damaging some vital organs.

So, please be careful, don't make the same mistake I did! My dear Sunny could've made her way to heaven if I wasn't lucky.

FYI- Sunny is ok now, don't worry she's not dead.

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Yes, unfortunately it is not spoken about a lot in the bird-care community.. everyone is always talking about all these house-hold hazards and common dangers to parrots but forget to mention stepping on a bird.

I can't imagine how painful it must be to be a small little budgie/lovebirds/cockatiel etc and be stepped on 😰πŸ˜₯

I really hope more members see this thread! Even if just one bird's life is saved by this thread, it'll mean so much to that bird!

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts