PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE MY SEEDS/PELLETS CRISIS!!!

Snowatiel

New member
Joined
Jul 11, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
4
Parrots
snow
I was planning to buy a new pack of mixed seeds for my cockatiel, I just went to the usual pet store but I was shocked to see that their place has unfortunately closed for good, so I went to the nearest vet and bought mixed seeds (more expensive but it's an emergency because I have no more mixed seeds I threw everything I had, I never expected that the pet store would be closed for good), I went home and as I was pouring the new seeds from the bags, I notice some kind of very very small bugs (maybe the size of a millet or even smaller and slightly black) moving around the bag (but not too much of them), so I immediately pour the seeds back.

I have a 7 months old (approximately) bag of natural pellets stored in a plastic bag in my room tied tightly, I figured I could give my baby a few of them so he could go to sleep with something in his stomach.

Is it safe to feed him those pellets? Is the food that in his crop enough till I find new HEALTHY seeds tomorrow morning???? PLS HELP ME
 
I was planning to buy a new pack of mixed seeds for my cockatiel, I just went to the usual pet store but I was shocked to see that their place has unfortunately closed for good, so I went to the nearest vet and bought mixed seeds (more expensive but it's an emergency because I have no more mixed seeds I threw everything I had, I never expected that the pet store would be closed for good), I went home and as I was pouring the new seeds from the bags, I notice some kind of very very small bugs (maybe the size of a millet or even smaller and slightly black) moving around the bag (but not too much of them), so I immediately pour the seeds back.

I have a 7 months old (approximately) bag of natural pellets stored in a plastic bag in my room tied tightly, I figured I could give my baby a few of them so he could go to sleep with something in his stomach.

Is it safe to feed him those pellets? Is the food that in his crop enough till I find new HEALTHY seeds tomorrow morning???? PLS HELP ME
Will he eat anything else, like perhaps some vegies before he goes to bed tonight? Personally I wouldn't use the pellets if they're beyond their expiry or "best by" date. Oh and I'd be letting whoever it was you bought those seeds from that there were bugs in them, I think they should know! If he literally won't eat anything else I think he should be ok until you can get something else in the morning, seeds are pretty high in energy after all. :)
 
Will he eat anything else, like perhaps some vegies before he goes to bed tonight? Personally I wouldn't use the pellets if they're beyond their expiry or "best by" date. Oh and I'd be letting whoever it was you bought those seeds from that there were bugs in them, I think they should know! If he literally won't eat anything else I think he should be ok until you can get something else in the morning, seeds are pretty high in energy after all. :)
Thank you so much I really appreciate your time and words may your days be filled with joy.
 
I agree... the seeds will be fine if you're in a pinch. **Hugs** Yeah, it can be frustrating feeding our little terrors, LOL!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom