Please help!!!!!

Kiwi15

Nov 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
I currently do not own any Parrots but, will in a couple of Weeks when I adopt a baby lovebird from my school.
:(i bought a cage from petsmart and the lady said it was fine meaning the cage bar spacing was ok for lovebirds. now i just measured the spacing and its 1 inch instead of 1/2 inch or 5/8 of an inch like i have read on some lovebird sites. what am supposed to do now. my bird is coming tomorrow!!!!! please help!

Redballoon

Dec 24, 2006
Not sure of the return laws in your country, but in Oz if the item you bought is not "fit" for the purposes you bought it for, you can return it and change it for the right product. If the cage spacing is wrong, then its not fit for your purposes and you can swap it over.
Good luck with that.

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
yeah petsmart you don't even have to have a reason this cage spacing is NOT suitable for a lovie and that employ should be better educated. take a ruler with you and measure so more than 5/8. Be careful about the 1/2 inch bars that are super skinny as lovies have really strong beaks for such little birds and may snap a weld.

slayor

Jan 1, 2007
Media
petsmart is not a good pet store [to me] I like going to self-owned pet stores not Petco or petsmart. I find that they have a better quality items.

:22::22::emoticonc

OP
Kiwi15

Kiwi15

Nov 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
I currently do not own any Parrots but, will in a couple of Weeks when I adopt a baby lovebird from my school.
thx everyone i got a different cage with half inch bar spacing and its working great kiwi loves it and hes very happy with all his new toys and perches too!:)

space_pup

Jul 27, 2009
i thank is great i got a lovebird to.besides her/his name is lovey because shes a lovebird. heres a great place to buy a another lovebird if you want of course.
heres a link to one of my websites is is the great place. pet kingdom - Home

spacepup

Most Reactions

Latest posts