Please Welcome Our Two Newest Mods, Tami & David!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I am so happy, so happy, for the new Mods AND for our wonderful Community. I have gotten to know you both over a long time, and I can't imagine better additions to the Supers! Thank you, Tami and David, for taking us on. I am thrilled in a very personal way to know you have joined Stephen, Allee, Terry and Scott. This Forum is a precious part of my life, and this is a bright and shiny and wonderful moment in our Community history.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
fQO7kfC.jpg

Inger

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Thankfully Tami can participate as desired with Just For Fun entries!

Yes I love looking at her gorgeous pics, just not losing to them [emoji23][emoji23] I jest, of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Casper223

Apr 27, 2019
Gulf Coast, Louisiana/Mississippi State Line S/E
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo "Zoey"

Hold on..... Why should Tami have to withdraw from POTM, why should she give up anything to be a Mod??? I mean she's helping the forum out, why should she and Levi have to sacrifice, it's not as if she can taint the vote..... She still only gets one as everyone else gets. Maybe the Mod staff needs to look at that, and make some changes, I mean she helping the folks on the forum, she shouldn't have to give up what she loves, and everyone loves her pictures of Levi!! That really does suck.... just my opinion folks. but pictures of Levi, Tucker, Ms Ellie and Noodles are just some of my favorites, and now it's like help us out, but you can't compete anymore...... How does that work.....

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
I am so happy, so happy, for the new Mods AND for our wonderful Community. I have gotten to know you both over a long time, and I can't imagine better additions to the Supers! Thank you, Tami and David, for taking us on. I am thrilled in a very personal way to know you have joined Stephen, Allee, Terry and Scott. This Forum is a precious part of my life, and this is a bright and shiny and wonderful moment in our Community history.
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
fQO7kfC.jpg
Is this a β€˜get out of jail’ card for me?

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)

Hold on..... Why should Tami have to withdraw from POTM, why should she give up anything to be a Mod??? I mean she's helping the forum out, why should she and Levi have to sacrifice, it's not as if she can taint the vote..... She still only gets one as everyone else gets. Maybe the Mod staff needs to look at that, and make some changes, I mean she helping the folks on the forum, she shouldn't have to give up what she loves, and everyone loves her pictures of Levi!! That really does suck.... just my opinion folks. but pictures of Levi, Tucker, Ms Ellie and Noodles are just some of my favorites, and now it's like help us out, but you can't compete anymore...... How does that work.....

It's not so much a hard and fast rule as something we've generally agreed upon. While we truly appreciate your confidence in our fairness and such, it just wouldn't be... appropriate for us to officially compete in a contest that we run. But as Scott mentioned, we'll all still be able to enjoy Tami's breathtaking pics of Levi... they'll just be Just For Fun pics, now.

Tami2

Aug 18, 2017
New Jersey
Parrots
Levi - 6 yr old CAG

DOH-4/2/2016

It's not so much a hard and fast rule as something we've generally agreed upon. While we truly appreciate your confidence in our fairness and such, it just wouldn't be... appropriate for us to officially compete in a contest that we run. But as Scott mentioned, we'll all still be able to enjoy Tami's breathtaking pics of Levi... they'll just be Just For Fun pics, now.

Awww, thank you Casper223 for your fervent defense of my photography skills and my handsome boy. ☺️ :heart: But, Stephen is right. It's all good! Honestly, I mainly did join in as a 'Just for Fun' participant. I think overall, I only officially entered 3 contests and the rest were 'Just For Fun'.

I'll promise you this, if I can get a really good picture of the chosen themes each month, I will add Levi's images to the contests. 'Just for Kicks & Giggles' πŸ˜‰

Rival_of_the_Rickeybird

2x Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 31, 2016
Ohio
Parrots
None. My wife has one too many. Kidding!
Congratulations to all of us!

Oh, hey, David, I happen to know you have unlimited Get Outta Jail cards with the missus. :) Maybe you can spare me one now and then.

Most Reactions