Pampa

May 24, 2018
Northern Ca
Parrots
Jazzy Pizazzy, Jenday Conure ~
Corbin, Nanday Conure (little Crow) ~
Lucky & Mojo, the Budgies ~
Pampa Blue Crown Conure lost 6/18/2019 ā˜¹ļø
This weekend marks 3 weeks with my 1 1/2 year old Jenday Conure. Still not named but I am leaning towards Poppy or Papoula. He already turns around and waves and this morning using the target put his head through the harness. I am amazed. He is learning so much faster then Pampa did. I ponder is it because he is smarter, younger, I am more experienced? I presume itā€™s a combination of being younger and I am more experienced. I was surprised at first that he seemed to seamlessly adjust to his new home. I now can see that it may have not been that seamless. He all of a sudden is eating three times more food and becoming a bit more sassy, in a confident sort of way. Heā€™s easily transitioned from some veggies and seed diet to morning chop and pellets. As far as loudness and screeching, which was my main concern getting a Jenday, and why I hadnā€™t purchased him many months ago when we first met. Yes loud and the pitch could make your ears bleed, but he is not screeching very much at all. I am more then pleased and he has exceeded my expectations.

Regarding Pampa, itā€™s been 6 weeks since he flew off and was chased by crows into a forested area. I personally donā€™t think Pampa survived. But still I get calls and emails from people alerting me to lost parrots. Sadly none have been Pampa. I am warmed and encouraged at how kind and helpful people have been.

Thanks for listening to my morning ponderings.

So happy that things are going well, it sounds like heā€™s settling in beautifully :). Personally I like Poppy for a name, it feels like it would suit a Jenday. Smart little dude! I havenā€™t seen any pics yet, hope youā€™ll share some....

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back