Possible Adoption Happening(New to the Forum)

OP
Peachypink

Peachypink

Jan 25, 2021
Parrots
Lola-Mexican Red Headed Amazon
Congratulations on Zuni!!

Yup, Grats to Zumi!

But, Amazons are more Fun! :D:D:D

Enjoy your new Family Member. Sounds like she is settling quickly!

Thank you! I was so torn!! It was such a hard decision but I think Zuni needed me more. I adore Amazons, but I couldn't get past the idea that we already knew that KC was not fond of males and I have 3 in my house. I know with training it would probably have worked out but I also travel with my business from time to time and I needed to make sure my husband and boys could handle whatever I brought home. It would have been a huge risk and I didn't want get KC just to have it not work, she deserves better than that.

Zuni is one that so many people wanted but with her special needs the rescue owner was very careful not to let her go to just anyone and was almost convinced she would never leave the rescue. I am honored she felt I was the right choice. She cried some ugly tears when I took her home, but Zuni is doing so well! Even if I only have 6 months left with her(which is a sad reality with her renal concerns), she will be adored by our whole house! But, the vet feels like with the right diet, she will live many more years. It's very much unknown but I'm gonna do whatever I can to get as much time with her as I can.

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
Congratulations on Zuni!!

Yup, Grats to Zumi!

But, Amazons are more Fun! :D:D:D

Enjoy your new Family Member. Sounds like she is settling quickly!

Thank you! I was so torn!! It was such a hard decision but I think Zuni needed me more. I adore Amazons, but I couldn't get past the idea that we already knew that KC was not fond of males and I have 3 in my house. I know with training it would probably have worked out but I also travel with my business from time to time and I needed to make sure my husband and boys could handle whatever I brought home. It would have been a huge risk and I didn't want get KC just to have it not work, she deserves better than that.

Zuni is one that so many people wanted but with her special needs the rescue owner was very careful not to let her go to just anyone and was almost convinced she would never leave the rescue. I am honored she felt I was the right choice. She cried some ugly tears when I took her home, but Zuni is doing so well! Even if I only have 6 months left with her(which is a sad reality with her renal concerns), she will be adored by our whole house! But, the vet feels like with the right diet, she will live many more years. It's very much unknown but I'm gonna do whatever I can to get as much time with her as I can.

Amazons don’t dislike or like one gender over another forever. If one actually believes this theory, they’re not attempting to properly socialize the bird.

My guy prefers women, but he loves me, my sons, and relatives that come over. Yeah, he loves my wife more, but barely. And although he doesn’t love my sons as much I wish him to, that’s been changing.

Too many people using the excuse of gender preference as a way to wash it all away, and avoiding the socialization training to correct it.

Most Reactions