Prevue Hendryx 62900 Mimic Me

serge_09

Aug 8, 2013
Leicester, England, UK
Parrots
Lola - GreenWing Macaw
im looking at buying one of the Prevue Hendryx 62900 Mimic Me parrot speech trainers but wondered if anybody on here has had any experience with one of these and green-wing macaws? any luck? if not whats your opinion and do you think it would be worthwhile or not? she already says a couple of things so she can talk to start with

i don't know what the forum rules are on name dropping but its something i'm interested in purchasing not promoting or selling :)

thanks

Dinosrawr

Aug 15, 2013
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Parrots
Avery, a GCC born on March 5th, 2013 & Shiko, a blue IRN born on February 25th, 2014
I'm honestly not sure, but I know with my birds they really only prefer to mimic my sounds. I leave the TV on, the radio, etc., all of which have repetitive sounds or sayings, but they only ever pick up what I say repetitively to them. I think it's a natural instinct to pick up vocalizations of your familiar flock mates opposed to unfamiliar ones for safety. If it isn't expensive, I don't think it would hurt to try it, but there's never really a guaranteed result.

Personally though, I think the best way to encourage talking with your birds is to simply talk to them yourselves. It would be quite easy to make your own vocal recordings using a computer or phone and setting it on repeat with sayings you hope for your bird to pick up. That way it's a familiar voice, a familiar sound, and it saves you money :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts