ready for the outings!

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
So this weekend is a busy one for my life with birds, we have two huge outreaches that approx combined we will probably be talking to 4000-5000 people. The events themselve will probably yeild 20,000+ they are two huge events in the city area one is at a pet store and it is supporting a mobile spay and neuter vehicle and is going to have a ton of attractions so we are going pretty big for tomorrow! the other is a pet day in city that is at a funeral home that offers the day to the vendors for free to come out and support there causes! it is a great attraction and is also a great time.

So in preperation for this all the birdies needed to be groomed up and bathed to look on there A game even the pluckers they have a right to pampering to;). So at 11:00pm we are finally done all the grooming and so on and the carriers are ready to go for transportation now to wake up and do it!

I did something tonight though i was kinda worried about doing, my blue throated came to me with overgrown nails and i slowly got them down but not down enough. So after finally getting him converted to a good diet for a couple months now(seed makes the quicks advance further down the nail) i decided to just go and clip them short. Nicely enough the quicks were far enough back i only nicked the tips of one and i took the dremel and quickly solved that. Now i also took the dremel and rounded them off so theyd grow properly. However did this before clipped them tha they grew in a square on the end and it was pathetic so now i believe i ahve it fixed finally!:)

i will try to get pictures if i have a spare moment and i will keep you updated on how it ends up!

thanks, Justin

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Oh wow.. Have a great time Justin!! Get lots of pictures :D

Hope you have groomed to look your game as well ;) hahaha:54:

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oh wow.. Have a great time Justin!! Get lots of pictures :D

Hope you have groomed to look your game as well ;) hahaha:54:

Grooming to my A game doesnt help me much!;)... i will deal with that ordeal in the morning lol.

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok time for some pictures of todays outreach! these are a few more will come tomorrow and so on:) the birds had an amazing day and it went great i cant complain about anything.

fvi7q1.jpg

Reuben chilling with my dad, thats his boy anyway;).

Lars taking over the chairs lol!

30xj5z8.jpg

Baby girl loves the sun and being out, i honestly have to say i believe this is what has started to stimulate more feather growth!

28vzr68.jpg

Billie inside the tent, the tent is red so it gave this kinda cool red coloring:p

25ajbxg.jpg

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Here are some more pictures i got plenty...

alil bit of everyone now.

28vr591.jpg

5pg3v5.jpg

fkmp3t.jpg

30sd7nl.jpg

Crazy cat lady holding crazy m2?

33thzjd.jpg

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
34dlwk7.jpg

4bpj.jpg

a0uv41.jpg

rueben really liked hanging out on the rafters of the tent he had a good time being up high and head honcho scaring people walking into it;).

abq9aq.jpg

Pickles has come so far! he now lays on his back in childrens hands:) its amazing how much he has advanced from his old self.

211rkly.jpg

They sat in our seats more then us!

mpmaf.jpg

29p2r1v.jpg

That is the last of them for today!

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
well despite the common name calling when it comes to clipping, i clip all of my birds when it becomes this time of year... They are out under my supervision and i do understand the potential risk even a clipped bird can have. They are mine and i will do as i please with them just to clarify this so no one goes trying to correct how i do it:). The day wasnt windy and the birds all have a pretty nice clip on them just done last night, alwese also another member on here does this same thing. So this is safe if not safer then most ways people try to take birds outside.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Great pictures, Justin! I'm sure you all had a GREAT, long and tiring day. :) Packing up all the fids is no easy task.

I tell you something, NONE of my fids would have perched on the cat lady. :eek: I'm fairly sure Ripley and Niko would have torn her whiskers off. LOL. Goes to show you how well your fids are socialized! KUDOS!!!

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
LOL! didnt pack them up all today:p... have to leave some for tomorrow!

Thank you i really try to enforce to people to socialize there birds as much as possible, so glad to hear that. well jackpot had to think it about it but then was like ahh whatever she looks fun to mess with;)... all of the birds were fine around her they are used to the crazies. Jack wouldnt get close enough to her face to rip the whiskers off, she kinda talked with a lot of facial emotion and jack was looking at her like what the heck!

O and another i guess good thing.... a lady i know very well(she is like a grandparent to me) that is getting no younger just gave me the great news of... i get to take in her birds when she passes minus her two cockatoos. So some day hopefully not soon!( she did tell me once i recieve them i can rehome to my standards.).. made me feel kinda good

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
Absolutely fantastic, all the birds look relaxed [and their so beautiful] .Looks like you have everything under control.Rueben must be your dads bird.Im also impressed with Jackpot :)

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
rueben used to looove me and viewed me as a mate i believe, then he hit sexually maturity and we got him at the wrong time we had no time to teach him manners beforehe hit this stage so he then kinda turnt on me... he is getting better but there are times were he is bad for my dad to. But the key is socializing him now and working with his actions and we make heaps of progress this way. slow and steady wins the race with this greenwing boy:)

thanks plax means a lot! :)

Gburchett

Apr 9, 2013
Athens,Ga
Parrots
LILO - B&G Macaw
You have some beautiful birds. I like your stands, that's a pretty good idea using the tripods like that.

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
Thanks alot! yea they break down easily so they are really nice, we need to make more the birds have broke some :p

locito277

May 5, 2010
Florida
Parrots
B&G (Lola), Harlequin (Mac) and Camelina (Sunny)
Whoa thats a lot of Macaws. Beautiful too!! How do you keep them from flying away?

OP
Jtbirds

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
They are all clipped. But I will say even a clipped bird can fly with the right wind and so on so they were out, but there was no wind. That's how:)

Casey

May 26, 2012
NJ
Parrots
GCC: Pretty Bird h.1/10/12 & CAG: Mj h. 2/18/12 & Scarlet Macaw: Scarlet h. 7/12/12
wow, would have loved to have gone and even donated my time! I assume the location was Philadelphia?

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
Justin, I am so happy to see the good things you & your dad are doing with birds. Getting them out to the people to educate the people & socialize the birds. Fantastic! I have done so all my life, and have been known as "that crazy guy with all those birds". I am glad to see that since I cannot do that anymore, that you are picking up where I have left off. I wish you the wonderful lifetime experiences that I have known, and see that you are able to take this to the next level. Thank you for filling an old man's heart with hope for the Avian future!

Most Reactions