Recommendations For Buying A Younger Umbrellas ?

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
My wife Patty and I are looking for a younger Umbrella to rescue or buy. I'm not having a lot of luck ?
One is very interesting to us with the qualities we wish for, but she's in Florida and we're in Nebraska.
She think her bird would not take flying well, so driving is the only option. I can not drive that far because of health issues.
When we were looking for a Boxer puppy we looked into paying a company or qualified privitier to drive our pup home.
I did a little checking and it sounds like $1,500 is the price from Florida to Omaha Ne.

This is the one we like so far.

Do any of you know of more Umbrella's out there and a driving company ?
Thank you much,
Kevin

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I wish I could help here!

Have you looked on Craigslist?

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I’ve used Craigslist for several of my parrots.
I always meet in a very public place and ask lots of questions to the seller and for plenty of pictures and maybe even videos.
If they can’t take the bird in public for some reason, always bring another person or two with you to go in the strangers house.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I’ve used Craigslist for several of my parrots.
I always meet in a very public place and ask lots of questions to the seller and for plenty of pictures and maybe even videos.
If they can’t take the bird in public for some reason, always bring another person or two with you to go in the strangers house.
My question is would you trust a stranger to drive your bird from Florida to Nebraska? I wouldn't. You should try to hire someone you know or someone who someone you know knows to drive there and back with the cockatoo.

OP
Patty550

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
My question is would you trust a stranger to drive your bird from Florida to Nebraska? I wouldn't. You should try to hire someone you know or someone who someone you know knows to drive there and back with the cockatoo.
Well, I just feel that if find a professional business that have drivers to deliver your animal, with us of course a bird, that you're pretty safe.

I have a brother inlaw and a friend that loves to drive long distances, but I'd have to check if the bird gets real loud,....that they wish he wouldn't have done this ! lol

I just started a thread reading, PLEASE help us find a Umbrella Cockatoo.

OP
Patty550

Patty550

Jan 13, 2020
Well, I just feel that if find a professional business that have drivers to deliver your animal, with us of course a bird, that you're pretty safe.

I have a brother inlaw and a friend that loves to drive long distances, but I'd have to check if the bird gets real loud,....that they wish he wouldn't have done this ! lol

I just started a thread reading, PLEASE help us find a Umbrella Cockatoo.
Bump...:)

Most Reactions

Latest posts