so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
This is a dash cam recording from the last time I was up on our farm in Southern Oregon.
I believe the bird is an immature Red-tailed hawk.
On top of our hill there is a pair of Red-Tailed hawks and the can frequently be seen from our living room window soaring the updrafts our hill creates.

We have a project about to get started up there. Conversion of a large garage/workshop into a smallish apartment (900 sq. feet).
My father is not able to be left alone due to his dementia and his wife/my step-mother is not getting younger.

The plan at this point is to bring Bingo and Bella up with us and leave my son in charge of the Tiels and the Twins.
Personally I think Bingo and the twins might not like being separated.
They don't get along but I know sometimes Bingo will sit next to the twins cage for some form of company.
And I know Merlin would miss Bingo so in the end the twins may have to come too.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh Wes how lucky you were to capture that beautiful bird on your camera, and the musical accompaniment matches it's glorious flight so very well! I can't get over how much that part of the world looks like the Sunshine Coast hinterland up in the hills here in south east Queensland - just beautiful!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
We live in Red Tail Central with this year a total of six families. No question that seeing a take-off is a sight to behold!

Sounds like a full family trip will occur in the near future. Begin the planning and you may find a way.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
What I wanna know is why a road in South Nowhere, Oregon is in better shape then Broadway in lower Manhattan, NYC. One of the richest cities in the entire world and we have roads that would make Fred Flintstone feel right at home.

And its a nice vid of the hawk too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts