Refledging

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
Hi everyone. I am trying to find a post from awhile back. It was about "refledging" an adult bird,hopefully someone remembers it too. I tried the search option but not having any luck. I think it was about an Amazon

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I’m not sure I remember that one. Do you have a vague idea of the name of the thread or who posted it? Or maybe how long ago it was?
Have you tried searching for it with the search bar?

OP
I

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
I did try the search bar. Unfortunately I don't remember much more about the thread. Just thought I'd toss it out there to see if anyone else remember it.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I did try the search bar. Unfortunately I don't remember much more about the thread. Just thought I'd toss it out there to see if anyone else remember it.
Maybe whoever posted it or someone who remembers it will see this?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Go to the Amazon Forum!

The second of two sticky Threads at the top of the Amazon Forum: I Love Amazons ....
Open that Thread and look at the listing of Segments listed. One of they will include the word: "refledging" Click on that segment and it should take you to it. If not scroll down until you find it!

Remember, that the process of "refledging" must include your Avian Vet as you will be stressing Lungs (air sacks) heart and flight muscles that have not been used for flight! You want to assure your Avian Vet fully understand the load you are about to place on your Amazon! Assure your Avian Vet complete a full spectrum blood test and that all organ chemistry are proper! Heartbeat at rest and with some mild stress, (the visit itself will cause that). You want to hear that Heartbeat rate! As "refledging" activities STOP if you hear it!!

Are your Amazon's full flight feathers in place, including its tail feathers?

After you read that Segment a couple of times, please come back with questions!

Last edited:
OP
I

Icca

Feb 1, 2022
Yes thank you very much that is exactly the post I was looking for. I'm rereading tonight.

Most Reactions

Latest posts