Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
Hatchingday- 14th of May, 2023
so hi everyone! Iā€™m searching for advice on winter heating pads. I lived in China when I had the other birdies as I travel somewhere new in, like every 5 years. I lived in China for about 8 years. In China, I lived in the warmer city. And there was a very useful app called Taobao. There were everything on it. But now I buy online on Amazon. I am searching for winter warming devices for parrots. It is cold here. About around -5 degrees. I am afraid that Ruby might freeze. I know that I am already freezing. Thanks for any advice. :)

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I have the K&N snuggle up warmer, and heated perch. I have a parrot who feather plucks, and he shivers in the winter. The snuggle up warmer Iā€™ve never had any issues with. The perch burnt my parrots feet. I was told to wrap it with vet wrap to prevent this from happening. Iā€™ve not seen any issues sense.

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
I have the K&N snuggle up warmer, and heated perch. I have a parrot who feather plucks, and he shivers in the winter. The snuggle up warmer Iā€™ve never had any issues with. The perch burnt my parrots feet. I was told to wrap it with vet wrap to prevent this from happening. Iā€™ve not seen any issues sense.
Thanks a lot!

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I can endorse this product also.
My only complaint is I wish it was larger.
I bought a cheap knockoff of the K&N heater that got too hot so be careful.
I have 2 larger heating panels 5 inches by 3 and they work well but they have a draw-back too. They take 110 VAC directly to the heating plate instead of a plug in transformer and low DC voltage going to the heater as the K&N device.
Cold is a problem for me too, especially when the gas company jacks up the cost of natural gas in winter when you need it most.

I keep the back and top of the cages covered with the heater in back. The birds can sit next to heat or not but being covered should help retain the heat coming from the heating plats.

OP
Fluffonia

Fluffonia

Aug 4, 2023
Media
Slovenia
Parrots
Red sided ekkie female -
Ruby
I have 2 larger heating panels 5 inches by 3 and they work well but they have a draw-back too. They take 110 VAC directly to the heating plate instead of a plug in transformer and low DC voltage going to the heater as the K&N device.
Cold is a problem for me too, especially when the gas company jacks up the cost of natural gas in winter when you need it most.

I keep the back and top of the cages covered with the heater in back. The birds can sit next to heat or not but being covered should help retain the heat coming from the heating plats.
Thanks! I would try it.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon

Yup, fully agree with what textsize stated!
Especially the covering.
That would be -5 C of course!

Last edited:

Most Reactions