Regurgitating on his leg

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
Such great advice above!
And that’s quite interesting actually I didn’t know until now that Senegal parrots were sexually dimorphic!
That’s pretty cool.

OP
JamesC

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Such great advice above!
And that’s quite interesting actually I didn’t know until now that Senegal parrots were sexually dimorphic!
That’s pretty cool.
I appreciate the advice I received. Starting to phase in the limited hours and lighter diet. Will see how that goes over the next couple of weeks.

The differences between genders is subtle, mostly regarding the color of feathers around the vent. Yellow for males and green for females. And things I've read say that it is not a 100% indication but a general rule of thumb.

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
I appreciate the advice I received. Starting to phase in the limited hours and lighter diet. Will see how that goes over the next couple of weeks.

The differences between genders is subtle, mostly regarding the color of feathers around the vent. Yellow for males and green for females. And things I've read say that it is not a 100% indication but a general rule of thumb.
Ahhh thanks that’s good to know!

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
James, you can find out fir sure with DNA . This is who I use. Print form, just one drop blood needed. Just Slightly trim a toe nail into the quick just barely. I hold flour on it till stops bleeding. If yiu accidentally make it bleed a lot its going to be ok won't bleeding out. Just keep holding flour on it and pressure till clots.

OP
JamesC

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots

Feathers of the past:
I think I might have seen a faint glimmer of progress. Last night he let me scratch his head and snuggle for about 10 minutes or so without showing any signs of getting excited. And the couple of times he did start getting excited, I let him know in no uncertain terms that I wasn't interested and ignored him completely. Then he sat on the back of my hand and preened until it was time to go to bed. So I hope that this continues. I really miss our snuggle times in the evenings.

OP
JamesC

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots

Feathers of the past:
Four days in and calmness has mostly returned. He still starts indicating that he wishes to do the dirty on my hand but is far easier to distract now. In addition, the regurgitation on his leg seems to have ceased almost completely. And his weight is starting on a downward trend. Hopefully it won't be too long before he is back at a normal weight.

It is so very very nice to be able to have my evening snuggle time with him again. I think that I will call this behavior modification a success so far. Hoping it continues. Many thanks for the advice and support. I greatly appreciate it! :D

Picture taken just a couple of minutes ago.
calm Sid.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Four days in and calmness has mostly returned. He still starts indicating that he wishes to do the dirty on my hand but is far easier to distract now. In addition, the regurgitation on his leg seems to have ceased almost completely. And his weight is starting on a downward trend. Hopefully it won't be too long before he is back at a normal weight.

It is so very very nice to be able to have my evening snuggle time with him again. I think that I will call this behavior modification a success so far. Hoping it continues. Many thanks for the advice and support. I greatly appreciate it! :D

View attachment 38776
I am so glad. I was worried that he could get an infection, etc., etc. I’m glad you have your pal back.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house

View attachment 38776
Such a wonderful update!!!!
We need your flock thread with lots of pictures ! Hope you create one! To quote a member its wonderful to look back on over the years

Most Reactions