Rehoming Sun Conure in Arizona

CubicBoron

May 12, 2020
Arizona.
Parrots
Loki - Sun Conure male,
Hello all. I'm looking to rehome an 8 year old sun conure in Arizona, preferably in Maricopa county but anywhere works.

Loki is an incredibly sweet bird once he trusts you. No behavioural problems. I hate to have to rehome him, but I'm moving into a dorm (uni student) and no one in my house will be able to give him the attention he needs every day.

He has a cage (approx. 32" wide x 24" deep) that I can give with him. He is NOT harness trained, but may be more amenable to it at this age. His band fell off as a baby but I still have his papers with his band number, hatchdate, and hatchery on them.

Thanks in advance. He deserves to be somewhere where he'll be able to get proper attention.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
wish i lived in AZ or even close..... good luck. I'd recommend a friend, so you can still see him/her.

This is why we don't recommend teens get a bird, we know life happens in in 18-28 years of life everything changes.

OP
CubicBoron

CubicBoron

May 12, 2020
Arizona.
Parrots
Loki - Sun Conure male,
Thank you for the advice but, bluntly, I did not come to this forum for judgments on my choice to adopt a bird eight years ago. I acquired Loki when I had a living parent who would have been able to care for him when I moved out. Unless you would like to tell me that "life happening" includes a parent's unexpected death during your teen years, I will kindly request that you do not make these comments to me.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I think it's time to draw a line under this part of the conversation before it goes any further downhill. Remember that this community exists to offer support and constructive advice to one another, and that the OP’s situation in having to rehome is already a highly emotionally fraught one. I would request that members please kindly address future posts towards the OP's original concerns and refrain from personal and/or provocative comments going forward. Thank you!

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
no offense intended....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
CubicBoron, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you are able to find a wonderful home for Loki, hopefully one where you can still visit him sometimes.

Ilovebirdies101

Sep 3, 2021
Hi yes I do I’ve had parakeets and ring necks ion have them anymore since my mom didn’t want them in her house anymore so I gave them away to nice owners but I now live with my grandma and would love to have a bird again.

OP
CubicBoron

CubicBoron

May 12, 2020
Arizona.
Parrots
Loki - Sun Conure male,
Hi yes I do I’ve had parakeets and ring necks ion have them anymore since my mom didn’t want them in her house anymore so I gave them away to nice owners but I now live with my grandma and would love to have a bird again.
Have you checked with your grandma that she'd be okay with a bird in the house? Is there any chance you'd be moving back in with your mom? I want to ensure Loki undergoes the least amount of rehomings possible.

Ilovebirdies101

Sep 3, 2021
Hi yes I’ve asked she’s completely fine with it . And no I’m permanently living with my grandma now :). I visit my mom sometimes so I wouldn’t really have to move back in with her she’s comfortable with me living with my grandma

Trisha_Lynn

Oct 7, 2022
Parrots
I do not have a parrot. I have a female budgie.
Hello from Sun City West. Is Loki still available for adoption? I have plenty of time and attention to give, as both me and my husband are retired. I absolutely love animals, and currently have a shy budgie named Minka. I would love to give Loki a home and you can rest assured we would give him plenty of love and attention.
Hello all. I'm looking to rehome an 8 year old sun conure in Arizona, preferably in Maricopa county but anywhere works.

Loki is an incredibly sweet bird once he trusts you. No behavioural problems. I hate to have to rehome him, but I'm moving into a dorm (uni student) and no one in my house will be able to give him the attention he needs every day.

He has a cage (approx. 32" wide x 24" deep) that I can give with him. He is NOT harness trained, but may be more amenable to it at this age. His band fell off as a baby but I still have his papers with his band number, hatchdate, and hatchery on them.

Thanks in advance. He deserves to be somewhere where he'll be able to get proper attention.
Hello from Sun City West! Is Loki still available for adoption? My husband and I are retired and have plenty of time to give Loki love and attention. We live in a clean, smoke-free, pet-friendly home with plenty of room for Loki to explore and enjoy. We currently have a shy Budgie named Minka, two small pups (who are very gentle and get along with our other pets), and a hamster named Max. Please let me know if he is still in need of a loving home. ~ Trisha

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am going to be nosey and ask: could you foster your conure with someone for a year or two? The vet school in my town has programs to house animals when their family has an emergency or issue and the animal needs a place to stay for a while.

I am just putting this out in case you are very sad about being separated from your bird. my bird was a huge support to me when I was in college. I am always sad to see people say “young people should not have birds”. Maybe if you are a party animal and gone all the time or living in the dorms, but I spent a lot of time studying and my parrot sat with me as I read. I would have been much lonelier without my bird.

(My Quaker used to scream every time I fell asleep which was kind of handy.)

Trisha_Lynn

Oct 7, 2022
Parrots
I'm not sure who you are directing this question to, since I got it sent to me. I'm thinking you meant this for the owner of Loki.

I'm looking to eventually adopt a Conure, hopefully soon - and hopefully from someone locally. I just started my search.

I hope Loki found a loving home.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I'm not sure who you are directing this question to, since I got it sent to me. I'm thinking you meant this for the owner of Loki.

I'm looking to eventually adopt a Conure, hopefully soon - and hopefully from someone locally. I just started my search.

I hope Loki found a loving home.
I was adding it to the thread in case the original poster might see it, and because I think young people can be fine bird owners. Many people live with pets while in college or tech school.

I think we get notified when there’s a response to a thread we’ve posted on. Doesn’t mean the response is addressed to you. It just means someone added to the thread.

Trisha_Lynn

Oct 7, 2022
Parrots
I'm new here, so I wasn't sure. Thank you for clarifying. 😊

I hope we get an update on Loki.

Most Reactions

Latest posts