Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I will tell you all about the first time both Jim and I and Amy and Salty met. We had chatted some on Parrotforums and originally, Jim and Amy were going to join in a Skype call with Gale and the RIckeybird to celebrate Salty's 1st birthday, Well Jim was a luddite (much like me) and he couldn't get the darn program to run. So we decided that we would have a play date with the fids. Jim was in Connecticut, I am on Long Island so the trip was like 2-1/2 hrs for him. He told me Amy was on his shoulder the whole way, even thru the toll booths. So he showed up at our door, this smiling face of a guy who shared nothing but a love for parrots and who immediately showed that he was a salt of the earth person (as most parrot lovers AND bikers are). Our parrots hit it off immediately too, Amy took Salty under his wing so to speak, as the picture shows. That was always Amy, treating Salty like his long lost young'un, every time we got together. I have to laugh a bit, because much as he loved Salty, he hated me and literally bit me, bad, every single time we got together! That first time we met, we spent a few hours out back on my deck, drinking beers, watching the 2 fids thru the big screen window, and enjoying a early dinner Geri had whipped up, for which Jim was most appreciative of. What did talk about? Aside from bikes and birds, I couldn't tell you, but it was obvious to us both that we enjoyed each others company a lot, a rare thing, even rarer when you start to get old. All too soon, it was getting late, and Jim and Amy said their goodbyes.

We had several more play dates, always alternating between our 2 homes. When I visited them the first time, I brought a custom made perch for Jim's car, so Amy wouldn't have to ride on his shoulder the whole time during trips, but he always said Amy would start on there but migrate to his daddy's shoulder, Amy's favorite place to view the world as it passed by. Jim would invariably bring some special treats for Salty, a honey stick or something. Jim would always want to go to the local petshop ( a family owned one), so Amy could visit the young'uns there and the shop was so pleased when he and Jim would stop by. He and Amy made it a regular part of their weekly 'road trips'; there and Starbucks. Every time we got together, time would just fly by, as it does when you spend it with people you really care about and mesh so well with. Jim and I were literally talking about the next play date, for he and Amy to come and visit us. His brother David's condition was really hard on him, he was so worried about David.

I'm 68 now. I'm at that age when friends and family start to go; you don't get used to it, but you take that in stride. Jim's passing has made it abundantly clear to me that we all need to tell the folks we care about how dear they are.

Jim, my dear friend, as I said earlier, you were much loved by more people than you know and you will be sorely missed. Geri and Salty and I will never forget you.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
I haven't known Jim for long, but this news is just as devastating to me. Jim was a beautifully loving and caring human being, and he made a lasting impact in all of our hearts. He was funny, knowledgeable, and kind.

Rest in peace Jim, thank you for your wisdom and kindness πŸ’”

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
Does David have one?
As mentioned, I don't have access to my home pc right now. But I found a few on my web page but the forum won't let me upload thm. I'll work on that.

Jim Cullen, circa 1975

42938905585_3973d272a8.jpg

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
As mentioned, I don't have access to my home pc right now. But I found a few on my web page but the forum won't let me upload thm. I'll work on that.

Jim Cullen, circa 1975

42938905585_3973d272a8.jpg
I love this one so much. Jim is so young here, but I can see the same wonderful personality shining through. What a blessing this is, thank you so much, David.
I'm looking forward to seeing the other ones:)

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
Took these from my web site -

This is Jim with his 2005 Honda VTX.

JimAndHonda.jpg

He crashed the VTX and bought a Harley VROD, which his son will inherit -

JimAndVrod.jpg

I'll post some more current stuff when I get home.

Attachments

• JimAndVrod.jpg
    JimAndVrod.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 92

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I know this forum hasn't been used when we have lost a person, but we think it is the perfect place to remember our Dear Jim, surrounded by beloved birds.

Jim (AmyMyBlueFront) joined the forum on April 14, 2015. He joined our hearts not long after that.
Jim was friendly, kind, helpful and funny, and he was so easy to get to know and a person couldn't help but love him. His complete adoration for his birds, Amy & The Beebs was so beautiful to read about.
I'm sure he was greeted by his beloved Smokey, and that he will continue to keep an eye on Amy and BB.

Jim helped so many people and their birds through the years here, and made many friends. When someone was down he was always there to make them smile, and to let them know that he cared. Both the forum and we as individuals have lost someone who can never be replaced.
The Mod team wishes to extend our deepest condolences to all who loved him, and also add a thank you to his brother, David (@JimsBrother ), for letting us know.

This thread is going to be a sticky, so that Jim will always be honoured and remembered on this forum he loved so much.

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer Ò€œScreeҀ� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
Oh my, I haven’t been on in a little while and this was a shock that brought tears. Jim was always such a light on this forum. I loved hearing about his adventures with Amy and his Beebs stories. My sincere condolences to Dave, his son and (of course) BB and Amy.

Sama

Jul 14, 2021
Australia
Parrots
Amazons, eclectus, indian ring necks, cockatiels
Jim and I struck up a friendship on the ParrotForums almost as soon as I joined. We had several play dates with his Amy and my Salty, alternating going to each others house, about a 2-3 hr drive each way. Not only did he and I have a friendship but our parrots did too. I would get within 2 blocks of Jim's house and Salty would start calling for Amy! He and I took the birds to visit the local pet shop to say hi to the conures, parakeets and who ever else was there. The shop staff were always happy to see both Amy and Jim! It was his turn to visit us, and he and I were just talking about it a few weeks ago. Many a beer was quaffed, many a story told ( bikers, both of us).

Jim, Geri and I and Salty will never forget you, my dear, dear friend. I hope you're kicking back with a cold one and talking with Smokey.

R.I.P to a true parrot lover.

Amy and Salty first time meeting

user26447_pic16737_1469018241-jpg.36586
I love birds so much as well and have my amazons 12
When I became a member of Parrotforum many moons ago. I wrote an Introduction of my past exercises and knowledge of Amazons. Jim was one of the early individuals to Post to my introduction stating that there are many Amazon folks on the Forum and he was sure that I would be welcomed. He was so very correct.

Jim's joy of his Amy was clear. They had been having a happy life together. As I recall, Jim was an over-the-road trucker and Amy would travel with him. That was likely the foundation for both his and Amy's joy of "go outside, ride in car." Something that both of them clearly enjoyed as did the staff at the many places of business that they visited on different trips.

My Dear Friend; Your kindness was always on your shoulder, right next to your smile and Amy on the other shoulder. You will be missed my friend, but when it is my turn to cross over that bridge. I know that you will be there with your smiling face and welcoming words.

Missing You Dear Friend..
Loving amazons long time 12 years in my home, hope when I go people like Jim can help and love them like me. Birds my love, My respect to Jim, and hope Amy in a very good hand like Jim.

OP
Terry57

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
I want to thank our Admin for including and highlighting this thread in the newsletter after they found out about Jim. I'm including a screenshot for those who didn't get the newsletter.
So many more people have posted about him, and they wouldn't have known without the newsletter.
Thank you once again @4Nines & @Admin , you are both appreciated more than you know.

jimremember.png

LuLu.F

Sep 20, 2020
Grantham, Lincolnshire, UK
Parrots
None at the moment - I am in the process of trying to decide which breed will be best for me and vice versus
I know this forum hasn't been used when we have lost a person, but we think it is the perfect place to remember our Dear Jim, surrounded by beloved birds.

Jim (AmyMyBlueFront) joined the forum on April 14, 2015. He joined our hearts not long after that.
Jim was friendly, kind, helpful and funny, and he was so easy to get to know and a person couldn't help but love him. His complete adoration for his birds, Amy & The Beebs was so beautiful to read about.
I'm sure he was greeted by his beloved Smokey, and that he will continue to keep an eye on Amy and BB.

Jim helped so many people and their birds through the years here, and made many friends. When someone was down he was always there to make them smile, and to let them know that he cared. Both the forum and we as individuals have lost someone who can never be replaced.
The Mod team wishes to extend our deepest condolences to all who loved him, and also add a thank you to his brother, David (@JimsBrother ), for letting us know.

This thread is going to be a sticky, so that Jim will always be honoured and remembered on this forum he loved so much.
I would like say that I, too, will really miss Jim’s (AmyMyBlueFront) advice; particularly his experience, expertise, wisdom and helpful comments.

I joined Parrot Forums looking for help to chose which Parrot would be best for me and was guided by really useful advice and links. I then subscribed to many threads and continue to read the daily questions and replies. Over the last 18 months, I have read so many posted by Jim (AmyMyBlueFront) and have both learned and understood far more specific facts about parrots than I would have, had I had to painstakingly researched what I was looking for myself on the internet.

So, it is with much sadness that the wonderful Parrot Forums community will no longer have Jim’s (AmyMyBlueFront) guiding, caring and supporting hands to lead us through the complex world of raising and parenting our amazing feathered friends πŸ˜“ x

P.S.
I would also like to add that, as sad as it is to see photos of Jim today, it is really special to see β€˜the man behind the words and stories’. Thank you, JimsBrother.

Jim (AmyMyBlueFront) - May you Rest in Eternal Peace x​

Last edited:

Flboy

Dec 28, 2014
Greater Orlando area, Florida
Parrots
JoJo, 'Special' GCC, Bongo, Cinnamon GCC(wife's)
What do I say? Just can’t yet!
His writing style! It went so much deeper than just being imaginative! His words have a way of pulling the reader’s focus back into the story! So easily, he could have published short stories, or would have been an excellent writer for a publication!

I really do miss you, but we will have your words forever!

OrrinocosMom

Jul 29, 2021
Media
Albums
New England
Parrots
Orrinoco The Pirate

I didn't know Jim much as I am new-ish to the forum, but he sounds like an amazing person. Every Blessing to Jim, his birds, family and all who love him. May his journey be sweet and those left to mourn remember that sorrow is our heart's way of showing how much we love.

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
Thank you all for the kind words and support. it blows my mind that my brother had enough influence here to be worthy of a forum sticky.

Once I get back home full time and bring Jim's kids home from animal control, I will be starting down a path that Jim had traveled for over 30 years. I will be the noob parrot owner who would be asking people like Jim for advice. Funny how life comes around full circle and I will be benefitting from the experience of those who Jim helped.

Life goes on.

Dave

Most Reactions

Latest posts