Rope Bridge I made for Gandalf.

Matt

Apr 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Well I finally have my TAG reserved at the breeders, im naming him Gandalf. (He will be here July 1.). For the rope bridge i used some wood from the willow tree in the back yard. The "steps" are 6" long and vary in size from 1/2" to 1" diameter, the "spacers" are 3" long. I also used an all-cotton rope from Hobby Lobby, and used stainless steel "quick-links" to attach it to cage. I am not sure if i am going to leave the bridge in the cage or use it for part of his play-gym. (ignore the wooden floor in the background, I'm about to put my Laminate Flooring down.)
matt-albums-cage-picture4076-rope-bridge.jpg

Awesome bridge, I was also going to name my future African grey gandalf!

Thanks... my dogs name is Ganon, i thought Gandalf the Grey was a fitting name for a TAG, and it matched my dogs name. I am debating on making my own perches or just buying some online. i found a dealer that sells bulk Manzanita wood,

That is so cool, Your TAG is gonna love it : )

I have a question: the cage i have has a playtop on it. When i got it it had 1" dowel rods for the perches i removed those. What size of perch would you use for a TAG? and should i use dowels or natural wood? I'm planning on natural. There is an Arizona Ash at my mom's house that i have marked a few limbs on that would be ideal to use them. I am thinking of using around a 1/2" perch?
matt-albums-cage-picture3928-cage2.jpg

really neat bridge I love it. Alison and sweetie pie:D

that is great

My TAG uses 1/2 in. and 1 in. so some of both would be good . It's good for their feet to have different sizes : )

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back