Salty's Mom not doing well

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Glad procedure went well for Geri!! Her spunkiness and aversion to hospital ambiance probably in her favor as strong constitutions prevail!! Give Geri a hug and wish her a speedy recovery for me please, Al!!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
I'm late to this party, too, Kentuckienne.
I love the House Of Salty and everybody in it. Geri, remember the time we all Skyped on Salty's birthday? I know you do. You have a special spot in my heart.
Much love to you all!

OP
wrench13

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Thanks Gail! She is home after 2 bouts in hospital, diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Weak and now on O2 ( probably from now on) its been a real 180deg change in our lives. But we cope with life, right?

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Al, sending all my love and prayers to you all, and please let Geri know that we are all thinking of her. I'm just so sorry that y'all are going though this.

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Wrench- ugh! Im so sorry to hear this. At least they have developed some better medications now….. but still, Im sure the whole situation really burns her bacon- it is so hard to adapt to new limitations. i wish you and her a speedy road to her getting stronger and adapting to your new normal.

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
SO the procedure went well, she is in recovery and pretty out of it. She is every nurse's nightmare, nothing is good; the food, service, care, none of it good ( to her ). I let her vent for awhile and reminded her of what I went through when I had my quintuple heart bypass operation, with 3 different 3 week stints in the hospital, which took the ire out of her. Most of it is the fact that she is not getting sleep with all the monitoring and checking going on. I hope to be bringing her back home on Tues, but I'll know more tomorrow.

Thank you so much for all the concern and warm thoughts from my ParrotForums family! I let her know!
A tit for a tat, dear friend. Your compassion and unflinching support for me and my recent afflictions comes right back to you! You tell Geri that Amy will shit on her pillow if she doesn't listen to her doctors.

No joke. Shit on her pillow.

Anyone who knows what Amazon poop is like would take take this seriously. If you really knew my brother, and Amy, you know what "RENT" means - HEAR ME I'M SERIOUS.

God bless. Amazon love comes your way.

Dave

Vampiric_Conure

May 16, 2022
Media
Albums
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Parrots
Charlie (M) - 23 yrs - Peach Front Conure
Redshift (M)-22yrs - normal Cockatiel
Moon (M) - 2 ys - wf pied cockatiel
Chara (F)- 1 yr - wf pied cockatiel
Geri is improving slowly. She is still on O2 and likely will be for the rest of her life. Her strength is slowly coming bac, with a lot of PT and exercise.
Sending out lots of Hugs to you and Geri. I was in urgent care with water on my lungs 2 years ago and that was bad enough! **HUGE HUGS**

Most Reactions

Latest posts