Scented Candles and Incense

PICORamos

May 11, 2021
So I am a proud Parront of a smart and stubborn Quaker Parrot by the name of PICO and I also enjoy candles and incense.
I have read that both candles and incense are not good around parrots.
Now that I live in a one-bedroom apartment, I was wondering if I can still enjoy the candles and incenses if I only turn them on in my bedroom where PICO isn't allowed.
I hope my question makes sense and any help will be greatly appreciated. As much as I enjoy my candles and incense. PICO comes first but I am curious.

Thanks a lot in advance.
:blue2:

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
So I am a proud Parront of a smart and stubborn Quaker Parrot by the name of PICO and I also enjoy candles and incense.
I have read that both candles and incense are not good around parrots.
Now that I live in a one-bedroom apartment, I was wondering if I can still enjoy the candles and incenses if I only turn them on in my bedroom where PICO isn't allowed.
I hope my question makes sense and any help will be greatly appreciated. As much as I enjoy my candles and incense. PICO comes first but I am curious.

Thanks a lot in advance.
:blue2:

Aaa, NO! Its just not safe for far too many reasons! Important Reality: Home /Apartment #2 Cause of Fires are candles and incense.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
No- central air and heat etc still circulate the air. Even if you don't have either of those things, imagine someone smoking in your bathroom. You can still smell it all over the apartment even if you don't notice it as much with candles and incense-- the smoke and oils are still in the air and not safe.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Even if you have an air lock instead of a bedroom door you would still have the smell on your clothes.

Most Reactions