Screened in Rooms and full flight Parrots

ErichT

Jan 5, 2014
Media
Spring Hill,Florida
Parrots
Mango - Sun Conure
Kiwi- Green Cheek Conure
I haven't let my Conures get there full flight feathers before now but I have let them grow out this year. In the past I have rolled the kids cage to our pool area because the could not fly around and I wasn't worried about them getting on the screens and or to close to the pool. Now that they are full flight I am hesitant to let them out there. I have the ability to cover the pool so I'm not worried about them falling/landing in the pool. My concern is the screens. Can they see the screen or will they fly right into it. Will they tear it up? Will they hang upside down from the roof and play bats for ever:) . Does anyone have experience with screen rooms and their feathered friends?

KeroRocks

Feb 20, 2013
Massachusetts
Parrots
Sheldon-M- GCC |
Cooper -F--Yellow sided GCC | Dori -F- Blue Quaker | Marley -M- Sun Conure | Kero -M- Hahn's Macaw | Sam-M- CAG
|Yara -F- RFM | Boo -F- Red Rump parakeet
Have you considered hanging strings or something from the screens so they can see them? You might just need to bring them up to the screen and show it to them, let them touch it etc.

Dec 23, 2013
yes..our conure chewed through the screen the first day...we still fly him...but watch him a tad more closely

OP
ErichT

ErichT

Jan 5, 2014
Media
Spring Hill,Florida
Parrots
Mango - Sun Conure
Kiwi- Green Cheek Conure
That is my fear. I would hate to have to redo the screen on the roof part :(

Most Reactions

Latest posts