Sending a blood sample to the US

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
Are there any Canadians here in this group who have sent blood samples to the US for a PCR testing for ABV or AG? If yes, please tell me how you did that. My vet says she can't legally send them from the animal hospital and if I send them myself it is a risk. Not sure what the penalties are and that's what I'm trying to find out today. Anything you can tell me will help. Thank you!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
I'm rather surprised the vet cannot send from animal hospital. Are the restrictions Canada Post, might alternatives of FedEx, UPS, or other courier service be possible? Meanwhile, waiting for our Canadian members to chime in!!

OP
Farnoosh

Farnoosh

Aug 7, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Parrots
Paisley, pineapple green cheek born February 12, 2021, and
Daisy the most beautiful Pineapple green cheek, currently flying in paradise RIP February 2, 2020 – August 14, 2021
I'm rather surprised the vet cannot send from animal hospital. Are the restrictions Canada Post, might alternatives of FedEx, UPS, or other courier service be possible? Meanwhile, waiting for our Canadian members to chime in!!
Yes I was told it has to do with licensing. But apparently animal hospitals from Montréal can do this but we can't from Vancouver! I called FedEx today and I think I can sign the form and send it myself. Will update soon.

Most Reactions