Shaking the food bowl :/

Peeker

Feb 10, 2013
Parrots
Jax-Eclectus
Tina-Eclectus
Ruby-Eclectus
Ruby does this thing at meal times sometimes where she grabs the side of the food bowl with her beak and pumps? on it. It feels like it might be a feeding chicks kind of thing. Does anyone elses bird do this??

My first thought was of a citron cockatoo who learned to "jingle" a chain to ask for more food. It could be her way of saying she is ready for food, now!

Monica, she is doing it after I have served the food though. If she was hungry, I would think she would be eating at that point. I could be wrong though. It's weird.

That's what I thought, but thanks for confirming! I've heard of birds doing, and well, I'm not sure why!

If only we could get into their brains!

well it would be nice to find out my male does it also.

Interesting! I've noticed it's never with seed. She does it when she was soft foods. That's why I'm guessing it's a feeding thing but really don't know for sure.

Interesting! I've noticed it's never with seed. She does it when she was soft foods. That's why I'm guessing it's a feeding thing but really don't know for sure.
my male maxx only does it with the seed bowl, the difference between male and female , lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back