She absolutely melts my heart (pic)

GreyNickels

Oct 4, 2015
NY
Parrots
Verdi - Green Cheek Conure
Pippi - Congo African Grey
She's been home just two weeks. :eek: :smile015:

She was up on the kitchen table with me looking out the picture window. And she scooched closer. And closer. And closer. Then leaned in for scritches. Then she climbed up on my forearm. And further up to the cook of my arm. Next thing I know, she stuffs her feathery little head under my nose and puts her beak down heavy on my arm, and there I am. Immobilized by birdy scritches lol.

Attachments

• IMG_4425.jpg
    IMG_4425.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 196
Oh WOW!!!! I'm just speechless! That picture is the epitome of pure love!!! :smile015: Thank you so much for sharing this particularly special moment!! :)

Awesome! How is Verdi with her?

The two of them have only briefly been out at the same time. We have a split level, and Verdi is on the second level, Pippi on the first. If they are out of their cages at the same time, we keep them on separate levels. Occasionally Verdi has flown down to the first level when Pippin is out, and they don't pay any mind to each other so far.

However, I can tell that Verdi looks at me like a traitor. I can't scritch him anymore. And when I do handle him, I get warning nips like crazy. Nothing painful, but it used to be I was the only person that he never beaked at all.

The good side of it, is that he was actually my 13 year old daughter's bird, and he had pretty much picked me as his person. Now? all the kids can handle him, and scritch him and have taught him new tricks lol

Okay, I cried. That was special.

She looks so sweet :) . Im sure your cheek will come around with you. They can be jealous .

So sweet! The photo is precious, thank you for sharing!

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back