LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
That wing looks photoshopped, Martina.
You mean Val's wing, Master Wrench? Nope, no photoshoppin' there, Val's in pretty good feather right now, and besides which I'm not smart enough to photoshop something that well!

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
That thing hanging on the window trim would give me nightmares!
The resin cow skull? I think it’s pretty, but I’m pretty biased since I am into vulture culture and have taxidermy fox tails on my wall lol

9C3A290E-FBC7-4E51-BE48-003C0365EA3B.jpeg

Also, yes I have Christmas lights still up, I am lazy

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
The resin cow skull? I think it’s pretty, but I’m pretty biased since I am into vulture culture and have taxidermy fox tails on my wall lol

View attachment 51838
Also, yes I have Christmas lights still up, I am lazy
Not lazy at all! We've been told to conserve energy to save the planet from global warming, right? You're just conserving your personal energy!
What the heck is "vulture culture"? Eating roadkill like vultures do? Do you really have dead animal tails hanging on your wall? Real ones? Don't you have any feelings for the poor foxes that the tails were once attached to?

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Not lazy at all! We've been told to conserve energy to save the planet from global warming, right? You're just conserving your personal energy!
What the heck is "vulture culture"? Eating roadkill like vultures do? Do you really have dead animal tails hanging on your wall? Real ones? Don't you have any feelings for the poor foxes that the tails were once attached to?
Good point haha besides, my room looks naked without them since they’ve been up since November haha

Vulture culture is basically the collection of animal pelts, bones, specimens, taxidermies, etc. from animals that have passed naturally or have been roadkill. however hunting and collecting those remains is not vulture culture, since that’s not what it’s about. Usually it is from roadkill or animals that have passed away naturally.

9/10 of my tails are from roadkill or natural causes, my 10th tail is artificial so it doesn’t need the same care that my other 9 do. I do not support hunting for sport, therefore I do not buy from those who have hunted them as I do not feel like it’s right at all.
51F75448-651F-47A9-A09A-D4FF884004BF.jpeg

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Good point haha besides, my room looks naked without them since they’ve been up since November haha

Vulture culture is basically the collection of animal pelts, bones, specimens, taxidermies, etc. from animals that have passed naturally or have been roadkill. however hunting and collecting those remains is not vulture culture, since that’s not what it’s about. Usually it is from roadkill or animals that have passed away naturally.

9/10 of my tails are from roadkill or natural causes, my 10th tail is artificial so it doesn’t need the same care that my other 9 do. I do not support hunting for sport, therefore I do not buy from those who have hunted them as I do not feel like it’s right at all.View attachment 51866
Wow! Very nice tails! Are they professionally preserved or did you do it yourself?
We don't hunt at all either. Its not a fair fight because the animals are unarmed.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I think hunting for population control is healthy.
My dad has hunted white tail deer for food his whole life and, in states where their populations aren’t controlled, the wasting disease runs rampant.
Not for all species of course, but many need control.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
My dad has hunted white tail deer for food his whole life and, in states where their populations aren’t controlled, the wasting disease runs rampant.
Hunting for food is okay. I eat meat and I also eat game. I just don't like killing animals strictly for fun.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Wow! Very nice tails! Are they professionally preserved or did you do it yourself?
We don't hunt at all either. Its not a fair fight because the animals are unarmed.
Thank you! They are professionally done and I provide the proper care for them to keep them in good shape! Brushing, keeping them far from water, making sure my room isn’t too humid, making sure they don’t collect dust, keeping the chains away from water, etc.

I a hundred percent agree. Although, I think hunting for food is okay, as long as it’s done as humanely as possible. I despise hunting for sport though. I find that to be just cruel and unnecessary. Killing an animal for being beautiful? I find it to be just messed up.

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Or taking out invasive species.

But I do agree with you here! population control can be as good as it can be bad.

ShimmerSenegal

Sep 21, 2022
Slovakia
Parrots
Male Senegal parrot Shimmer
Female Senegal parrot Adeena
Sleepy senegal baby on the other side of the door!😍

Attachments

• 20230729_211245.jpg
    20230729_211245.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 20

LeaKP

Aug 11, 2014
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Congo African Grey
I’m new to the party. Kokkie has just begun feeling safe enough to sleep near us. Love her so. Her fave spot on the chair next to me hence many pics from this angle.

Attachments

• 3D4771F0-BE34-4889-8265-0F5B3DC73365.jpeg
    3D4771F0-BE34-4889-8265-0F5B3DC73365.jpeg
    376.1 KB · Views: 6

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I’m new to the party. Kokkie has just begun feeling safe enough to sleep near us. Love her so. Her fave spot on the chair next to me hence many pics from this angle.
You know a bird is happy, relaxed and comfortable in his new home with his new people when he can snooze so close to you!

Most Reactions