shower/hair dryer..

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
....gave the boy's a bath the other day. Even though it's warm in the house and even after towel drying them the both shiver a bit and when ruffling their clothes I still get wet. Their uncle David heard me talking to Amy about this and the next day at the front door from Amazon was a hair dryer made by ConAirPro called "YellowBird" made specifically for our fid's quarenteed birdy safe with no nasty chemicals or stuff. Wondering if anyone has one or heard of it??

Jim

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Never heard of it before but when I look it up it does not say anything about bird safe, it just talks about used by professionals & an alternative to their professional Gold Bird product. But the packaging or insert, does it actually say it's intended for pets, safe for use on actual birds with wings?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Once tried a hair dyer and was met with the evil eye of death if you come one more step...

Whether in the middle of a hot Summer day or a cold Winter's day, Julio always shivers and shakes. One commonly sees Birds as part of their natural method of drying their feathers whether in their natural habitat or Julio sitting on his favorite wing-back chair doing the same. II is common to see larger birds with where wings fully open in the Sun after a morning rain.

The most important thing is whether the home's temperature is within the historical norm for your home. Julio has specific places in our home that he prefers post shower time and they tend to be slightly warmer than other areas.

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
The Rb has loved getting blow-dried since he was a baby. I don't even recall how it started. It was 37 years ago, and I was a real dweeb with no internet and no PF!!!!! Now that I think about it, how in the world did I ever think that was safe? Who knows what chemicals are in those things? One more dodged bullet for the Rb.

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Never heard of it before but when I look it up it does not say anything about bird safe, it just talks about used by professionals & an alternative to their professional Gold Bird product. But the packaging or insert, does it actually say it's intended for pets, safe for use on actual birds with wings?
looking at the package and instruction insert it doesn't mention anything about pets/birds :-/ Maybe YellowBird is just what they call it :-(

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

Kinda like buying a new food or treat!
looking at the package and instruction insert it doesn't mention anything about pets/birds :-/ Maybe YellowBird is just what they call it :-(

Jim
just got a new 7 bag batch of Bistro. This time I ordered a package Rising Phoenix Tea :-/...Why? I dunno. Ingredience's are : Lavender Flower,Dandelion Root,Echinacea Root,Purpurea,Lemongrass,Calendula,Rose Hips ( what's wrong with rose's hip's??)and Dandelion Leaf. They say sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon dry leaf on BSB mix or steep 2 teaspoon's in 16oz water for 10 minutes and let cool before serving in water bowl. Throw out after 24 hours and refrig the rest up to 7 days. Good for anti- inflamation and can be used in misting bottle for baths. Amy isn't "inflamed" anywhere that I know of :-/

Jim

OP
AmyMyBlueFront

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon

My brother googled the dryer and it took him to another bird forum and posted if ConAirPro YellowBird is safe. A number of the members said Absolutely! It has a 5 star rating. One member even called the manufacturer and was told they NEVER use Teflon or any sort of PFT whatever in their products..don't know why you couldn't find it.

Jim

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
My brother googled the dryer and it took him to another bird forum and posted if ConAirPro YellowBird is safe. A number of the members said Absolutely! It has a 5 star rating. One member even called the manufacturer and was told they NEVER use Teflon or any sort of PFT whatever in their products..don't know why you couldn't find it.

Jim
i still wouldnt use a hair dryer
it isnt natural and i found on a website a number of reasons not to use a hairdryer but thanks to my goldfish memory i forgot

Most Reactions

Latest posts