Shower Time for Diesel

Diesel_Hyland

May 26, 2013
Media
Tuakau, New Zealand
Parrots
'Diesel' the Alexandrine
Hi Guys...just updating you on Diesel's progress as our new pet.

Today my daughter brought Diesel (7months) into the shower where I was. He was very calm and I flicked a little of the water onto him. He didn't flinch and strained forward to get some more. I then put a flannel on my shoulder, next minute he was happily playing under the shower with me. I kept the water only slightly warm. He was soaked but seemed to love it! Afterwards he had great fun on the top of his cage under the hair dryer, lifting his wings and moving towards the blowing air, he wasn't scared a bit!

This parrot is constantly surprising us. Such a soft nature. Nothing seems to upset him. He's also getting very good stepping up and stepping down and has a couple of words 'Hello' and 'Pretty Boy' (although you have to really listen for that one!) He barbles away to us when he wakes up (I use 'barble' as I cant think of a word that means sounding slightly human but not actually using words!!) I think he is trying to copy us.

Pretty destructive little critter, so we are constantly challenged to get him new toys.

Such a cool dude. We are all loving him to bits. I say 'him' but he has a fairly darkish ring which seems to be getting darker under his beak spreading out round his neck area. :green::green1::orange::rainbow1:

Last edited:

Lindylou277

May 3, 2012
FL & NH
Parrots
Coqui, 9 yr old female B/G Macaw
That is so cool. Our Coqui just took her first shower recently and it's one of her favorite things to do.
I think your daughters reflection in the mirror is the hidden jewel of the photo.
They look really happy ... especially him ... he is getting attention and a shower at the same time!!
Congratulations!!

birdy_numnum

Jun 14, 2013
Media
Parrots
Alexandrine Parakeet
Its nice to give them a bath from time to time ,but make sure u keep him in the sunlight after a shower for a little while to allow him to dry out,n get his share of vitamin D.:green1:

MissTaz

May 11, 2013
Utah
Parrots
Rory ~ A male turquoise green cheek conure ~ Hatched 02-12-2013
Thank you for sharing!!! He sure dose look like he's having fun.

Most Reactions