so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
It sounds like sneezing and the head bobbing is regurgitation or possibly throwing up.
BTW you have a boy not a girl.
I would take him to an avian vet ASAP.

OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
It sounds like sneezing and the head bobbing is regurgitation or possibly throwing up.
Thankyou for your info, thankfully i found an avian vet im taking him now! I will keep u updated thanks for your help

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
I would worry too.
The video looks like sneezing and coughing to me. Vomiting is usually associated with problems in digestion too.

You may also notice that sick bird withdraw from interaction, eat less, poops less. Try to gather all symptoms for your avian vet to ensure correct diagnosis.

Recognizing the Signs of Illness in Pet Birds

birds hide their illness. So when it is apparent, it is very serious. If she doesn't eat any food, not even her favorite food, prepare a solution of warm water with some honey for her to drink. It is crucial that she has strength to keep herself warm.

During traveling to the avian vet, she may feel cold. We must be equipped to keep her warm and dark. My relative lost her bird to cold air conditioning in her car. So, I recommend keeping her in the dark, small, closed warm space.

....small cage
...a hot water bottle
...cover with dark cloth
....no perch in side to prevent falling
...favorite soft toy to snuggle

Hope this helps

Zoruace

Sep 21, 2021
Media
Albums
Take him to an avian vet ASAP

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
All great advice: by great members
When they shake sbd fling their head its vomiting, when its just bobbing and bring up in mouth its regurgitate. He looks to be doing both so I characterize as vomiting.

I hope everything turns out ok. So glad you are able to get in with veterinarian.

OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Thankyou for your info, thankfully i found an avian vet im taking him now! I will keep u updated thanks for your help
Hey guys, so i took Pika to the vet yesterday! The vet told me to keep him warm, not to feed him overnight and give him food in the morning. So he ate in the morning a little bit and drank some water. Also told me if he throw up after he eats then we have a problem.(he didn’t throw up his food yet) He didn’t even give him medication to treat the problem or something and that worries me alot! He said the problem might pass away, if he vomits again i will have to take him. The vet saved my cockatiels life once before because he ate something accidentally toxic and made him sick. Hes the only vet (not avian vet) in my country that know what to do with tropical birds and animals, so i have no other choice :(

OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello there,

can anyone understand why is my tiel doing this? She vomited aswell :( im so worried
sometimes they can get into stuff.
Has he lost any weight?
Hope things are great abd you don't have to go back
Hey :) i took him back to the vet, i couldn’t see him in this situation. As soon as i took him he gave him medication straight away. The vet said hes gonna give me a call later so im gonna keep u updated

Last edited:
OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Oh great to hear! Any ideas what's causing this?
Hope he keeps improving and home soon
Hey :) hope u having a good day! I called my vet, everything is going well as he said thanks god. He didn’t inform me why this happened, he will let me know tomorrow when i go get Pika.

OP
G12sbmx

G12sbmx

Dec 17, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hey :) hope u having a good day! I called my vet, everything is going well as he said thanks god. He didn’t inform me why this happened, he will let me know tomorrow when i go get Pika.
Hello there, so i took Pika from the vet he looks fine! The problem was yeast fungus if im not wrong. As the vet said its because i changed his seed brand and thats why it happened. Stupid me I didn’t know that this would happen if i change the brand of his seeds. So he gave me medication, every 6 hours 1.5ml anti fungal syrup for 3 weeks and twice a day 2ml a syrum that removes toxins witch is colored black for 10days. What do you guys think?

Most Reactions