Single serve oranges are awesome!

Birdy916

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2013
So my neighbors manderine tree got stunted this year, it usually produces nic big juicy oranges...
This year they are all about 1-1.5" diameter oranges, but they still taste great...

Perfect size for my birds, no waste and keeps them busy for a while...
They each get one a day and they all love them...

This is Trouble, the newest member of my flock, a 7month old Alexandrine that I had to have, so I bought a bird.... all my others were rescues i got for free...
Dont get me wrong, I love ALL my birds, but I feel that if I didnt get my favorite bird, Id be robbing myself of the whole experience of bird ownership
He doesnt have a thread yet, but I gotta make one...
Ive had him for 3 weeks and he already learned 5 whistles and about 10 words now, he is really smart!

I have a huge supply of these little oranges, if anybody from sac wants some, Ill give you a bag... Joe will be happy to not have to pick them all up ;)

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Trouble is adorable and sure looks like he's enjoying himself! I didn't realize that I didn't have to peel oranges, excellent info to know:)

OP
B

Birdy916

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2013
Terry, i know our birds are not wild, but I doubt any birds in the wild have personal peelers... ;)
Gives em something to do...

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
I'm so glad you got Trouble! Trouble will follow you for a lifetime and be there in all the good and bad times. :D Alexandrines are my favourite bird too: they're so darned green and gorgeous and clever and sweet. Looking forward to hearing more about your Trouble!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
What??They don't have servants that cater to their every need in the wild? Oh wait, that would be us:)

OP
B

Birdy916

Banned
Banned
Oct 12, 2013
thanks guys, Ill make a thread soon...
Everyday with him is better than the last, he is really coming out of his shell so to speak...

He definitley is not as trusting as my conure, but a good relationship takes time and getting to know each other, right?

Some days I gain very little trust from or for this bird, some days our trust grows by leaps and bounds...

He pickups my words quickly and even his squaks sound like he is trying, so he is obviously responding to me in a positive way.

So far he only says one-syllable words clearly, but he is working on 2 syllable words and he is very close sometimes.

I can hear him say "Trouble" when he trys, but in reality it is still just a 2syllable squak that sounds closer each time.

Usually, when I hear him start going in the morning is when I hear him say the new word from the previous day or so...

But he is young, and hopefully I dont lose too much ground when he hits maturity... thatll be awhile yet anyways.

He is a very active and inquisitive and playful bird, hence his name.

Most Reactions