Some questions

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Helloo, I have some questions

First one is about poop xd. I wanted to ask if parrot poops are usually big in the morning. Eddie's first poop is usually the largest one of the day. Idk if this is normal or not. His poops get smaller throuought the day, and wary in liquid depending on when he drank water, when he ate pellets etc.. But his first poop is always large.

Second question is more about behaviour. He tends to be more "playful" these days but he will bite us a bit more if we try to take him off our shoulders n stuff (nothing that painful, but he's like a teenager xd). Usually in the morning I would take him out of the cage and bring him to my bed so he isn't alone, and he would start jumping around, making this noise (video attached) he tries to nibble on my clothes ears nose, shirt, etc. I hope that this is just normal playful stuff, but he sometimes does that same noise when he tries to bite us and I'm guessing that means like "leave me alone".

That's all I had to ask, other than that he is okay.

Thanks in advance

-I

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
Helloo, I have some questions

First one is about poop xd. I wanted to ask if parrot poops are usually big in the morning. Eddie's first poop is usually the largest one of the day. Idk if this is normal or not. His poops get smaller throuought the day, and wary in liquid depending on when he drank water, when he ate pellets etc.. But his first poop is always large.

Second question is more about behaviour. He tends to be more "playful" these days but he will bite us a bit more if we try to take him off our shoulders n stuff (nothing that painful, but he's like a teenager xd). Usually in the morning I would take him out of the cage and bring him to my bed so he isn't alone, and he would start jumping around, making this noise (video attached) he tries to nibble on my clothes ears nose, shirt, etc. I hope that this is just normal playful stuff, but he sometimes does that same noise when he tries to bite us and I'm guessing that means like "leave me alone".

That's all I had to ask, other than that he is okay.

Thanks in advance

-I

View attachment 59158
View attachment 59159
Yes, first poop of the day is always big which is why it is recommended to weigh them after this poop.

How old is your bird?

GambotheGreyt

Feb 8, 2024
Parrots
Currently.. congo african grey
he is around 4 months, and he weighs around 65 gr
How long have you had him? How long has he been weaned?

Conures are different from my birdy experiences, so your feathered friend may be acting completely normally.

I am concerned though that with this amount of physical body touching that you will excite him once he reaches puberty.

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
How long have you had him? How long has he been weaned?

Conures are different from my birdy experiences, so your feathered friend may be acting completely normally.

I am concerned though that with this amount of physical body touching that you will excite him once he reaches puberty.
we've had him for a month

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
are these sounds/his behavior a change/something new?
i mean i guess not, as soon as he got used to us he's been like this, i guess i shouldn't worry... it's probably that i'm not used to this conure behaviour since our previous one was sick and not as active/playful :(.. edgar is just a little extra xd

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Yep, 1st poop of the day is the biggest, as they save it up all nite.

And his vocalizations sound like typical excited conure sounds. He is a real cutie!

OP
cosmothebirb

cosmothebirb

Jul 3, 2023
Media
Parrots
green cheeked conure
Yep, 1st poop of the day is the biggest, as they save it up all nite.

And his vocalizations sound like typical excited conure sounds. He is a real cutie!
hahhaha he is a cutie! thanks, this helps a lot <3

Most Reactions

Latest posts