sun conure age?

Well, baby sun conures have all green or mostly green wings. This one is clearly an adult, but beyond that there's really no way to tell.

As I said in the pm, although I'm not completely sure if some Sun conures can get adult color early (?), I feel it is not a "baby".

How old did the seller claim it to be?
Maybe it's "young" just old enough to have molted to adult coloration, yet not yet sexually mature?

Since you haven't gotten the bird yet, are you okay with that? At least you know it will be weaned. It's probably still young, I wouldn't worry that you're getting an "old" bird. What I would be more leery about is maybe the seller doesn't know what they are talking about, therefore might not know correct answers to any questions you might have, or are purposely being dishonest? Idk.

The seller has said its hand reared and hand tame he has said 6 months old

Well, they usually get adult plumage at 6-8 months, so it's possible, but I am with Raven that it just doesn't "look" like a baby. They tend to have this sort of awkward unfinished look about them from my experience.

However, I had a sun conure who was probably 8-10 years old when I adopted her. She was a lovely girl who lived for a long time after that. She wasn't terribly snuggly and she didn't like other birds very much however. I think that was due to lack of socialization when she was young. I'm fairly certain she was a failed breeder bird.

This bird doesn't look rough or old either like mine did....

I have a video he sent me will post it

Last edited:
tnx for reply guys anyone else like to guess age

So I looked at the video and she is a bit on the small side, but other than thaT? I'd guess more than 6 months, less than 2-3 years. But its just a wild guess and I've only had one who was older when I got her. I've played with lots of baby ones though.

tnx for reply guys anyone else like to guess age

He have his adult feathering so you CAN'T guess age once they reach maturity!!!

Now to revert back to a question that Wendy asked earlier, why is there a B&G Macaw in a dog crate???

Woah mikeytn i aint got a clue why its in a dog crate but if u want to ask the person himself will give u contact details, was only asking as age of the conure which i have not purchased .

If that's the case you should think about the conure cause by looking at the macaw in the crate I would think twice. I would be real careful and have the bird tested for diseases and such. View their conditions carefully!

To be honest, this bird looks old to me, or at least, not young, especially 6 months young. But yeah, it could also be a bad photo or when the bird was in bad shape of molting. When a sun Conure reaches this stage of coloring, it's hard to tell whether they're young or how old.
Guess you have to trust your seller, and hope for the best.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back