Swings

Merlee

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Do amazons like swings? I have a swing in Judy's cage and on his play stand. He has not used either since bringing him home. Just wondering if this is typical of amazon or just my YN.

Depends on the bird.

My zon had a swing that she absolutely LIVED on when she was cage bound.

Brought her home, and she discovered the big play stand. Hasn't been back on it since.

Bosley has no use for swings or boings, he is a major wood chipper and loves to fly.

My zons LOVE their boings... So do my macs!

My CAG won't go near the thing, but he does love the cargo nets, and plays with rope toys all the time... so I don't get that one at all. "GET THAT THING OUTTA MY CAGE!"

My Bluefrnt doesn't care for his swing either.

My Alexes looked at their home-made swing and boing as if they had been custom-built by Torquemada! After my husband finished building their suspended playgym, I added first the swing and then the boing. It has taken about a month, but slowly the Beaks have gotten used to the swing and the boing and now love playing on both. Just recently, I added a different kind of swing and they're treating it with suspicion for the moment. I reckon they'll warm to it in time, though, just as they did the other toys. Be patient and see what happens with your bird. :)

Wish I asked this question before I bought one. lol. I thought for sure since my macaw loves it so would my amazon. Interesting to note a lot of zons don't like them.

Have any of you used an atom or something similar and how was that received?

Mine all hated the atom. Even my big macs!

A lot of birds love them.

It's an individual thing.

Tried that with Bosley, was a no go but he doesn't like rope perches or anything either.

Interesting! I have been wanting to make my own atom and from reading others' experiences, I am disappointed, but this has saved me some money. lol.

I cant get Sammy to play with his toys. Bought a new hanging toy , large wood with a bell. he has yet to touch it, probably yet to even look at it truth be known..lol... I hate feeling like he is in jail while in the cage and it make me feel worse that while he is in there he just perches and sits at the door looking like " mom come open this thing up".

Welcome to my world! Lol. I wonder if age has anything to do with it?

I cant get Sammy to play with his toys. Bought a new hanging toy , large wood with a bell. he has yet to touch it, probably yet to even look at it truth be known..lol... I hate feeling like he is in jail while in the cage and it make me feel worse that while he is in there he just perches and sits at the door looking like " mom come open this thing up".

Have you ever sat him down on your lap and played with the bell with him?

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back