THANK YOU, and goodbye xx

crimsonPip

Apr 2, 2017
Parrots
Crimson Rosella (rescued with broken wing)
I posted on here recently about our beautiful crimson rosella Pippin.

We never intended to be bird owners, but when we were bushwalking and came across an injured chick there was (in my mind) no choice. He had a broken wing and was scrawny & hungry. We brought him home and did everything we could to make him happy. We were told that likely he would never be able to fly properly. He came to be part of our family, even the cat accepted him, and for a short time he was settled. Then he got edgy and would lash out & bite. This fabulous community was a great help and a wealth of information for me to draw on and try to make his world more settled and happier. Thank you so much for the guidance and advice.

Over the last few weeks we had a wild flock of rosella visiting our house daily and communicating with him. On Monday he flew outside to join them.

This evening we saw him in the local park, feasting high up in the gum trees & flying strongly. He's part of a flock now with 2 adults & 3 juveniles. Our biggest worry was that he's friends with our cat, but he seems to be taking cues from the flock, so I think he'll be good. The adults were clearly staying close & watching out for him. 💕 Such a super happy ending to our birdy rescue story I just had to share <3

Thank you again for all your advice xx

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
And, Thank-you! for taking in this little sweetheart! May his life continue to be as rich and wonderful as the days he spent with you and your family!

Don't be a total stranger, stop by from time to time to catch-up of the activities of this Wonderful World of Warm Feathers!

Again, Thank-you for the life you saved!

Billdore

Nov 12, 2016
Vermont
Parrots
African Grey Timneh
Thats an amazing story thanks for the little bit of sunshine in this sometimes gloomy world.

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
I got chills when you said he joined the flock! I hope he stays close so you can see him as often as possible!

Where are you located? It seems so strange to me that there are wild parrots! They are strictly pets here in the Midwest U.S. I'd poop my pants if I saw a wild parrot outside my window haha.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
What a wonderful renaissance for Pippin! He went from an almost certain devastating ending to a rehabilitated Rosella returned to his extended family. You've done such an incredible deed!

Having experienced the companionship of a bird, perhaps you'll one day acquire a more permanent companion! We'll always be here for you!! :)

YUMgrinder

Mar 20, 2017
Cheyenne, WY
Parrots
-Jazz, Normal Grey Cockatiel /

-Chessie, Pearl Cockatiel /

-Perry, Black capped Conure /

-JoJo, Pineapple GCC /

3 little busy Budgies
yea! When's your new permanent fid gonna make an appreaeance!?

BorisPeckerHarve

Feb 8, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Parrots
Boris Pecker (Regents Parrot -HD 17/10/2016)
Basil Flighty (Jenny Conure - HD 09/01/2017)
I would guess Australia as Rosellas are from Australia

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
What a great story! Although I can't help being sad for you, not having a bird anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yes, thank YOU, for rescuing AND sharing AND updating us!
Wonderful, wonderful story.

OP
crimsonPip

crimsonPip

Apr 2, 2017
Parrots
Crimson Rosella (rescued with broken wing)
Thank you all for your beautiful kind words!! ❤️
Yes, we're in Australia, many wild parrots near us - the rosellas are the smallest, we also have king parrots, gallah & white cockatoo, I think we're quite lucky really &#55357;&#56833;

Pippin is still doing well, he came by our backyard yesterday with the flock. Looks super happy & healthy &#55357;&#56469;

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Thanks for the wonderful update! You've done a wonderful thing, hope your rosella continues to thrive!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts