May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
It's nuts how much longer they are in relation to his body than most IRNs I've seen 😍

View attachment 44708
Cotton looks VERY angry at you for taking that picture: "Shtap lookin' at my tail, mom, it's just extra long and beautiful!"

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
This is from Sept 23 but makes me laugh - I'd just set up all his foraging spots for my workday, turned around, and he'd already figured out half of them :LOL:

1665093202584.png

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
I can spot an absolutely ginormous cage sitting empty will Tiny ittbitty sits by window
I'm pretty sure Cotton is very pleased he's figured out his cage makes an excellent home office for use between 10a-3p daily πŸ˜‚

CosiGirl

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Budgie
I have a random R2D2 sounds video playing in the background on my computer and Cotton is completely entranced :geek:
That’s so funny that you mention that because for the last 2 weeks I’ve been playing Cozy R2-D2 sounds and she loves it. She’s actually been mimicking and it’s such a delightful surprise when we hear a new R2 sound come out!

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
My Val is rather a fan of those R2D2 videos as well, and has picked up quite a few of his sounds. Between that and his brilliant mimicking of Jem the cockatiel and now Lovejoy the lorikeet, Val's got quite the collection of "Greatest Hits" going on with his extensive repertoire!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Jasper makes some weird noises and seems to like it when I make them back to him as best I can. But I call them his β€œjungle robot” noises.

I will have to look up β€œr2d2 noises” on YouTube and play them for both birds. Right now we are listening to talking birds on YouTube to convince them that talking is cool.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
How is the little naturist?

Is the cockatiel staying with you yet? Maybe he will fall in love…

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
He's doing well/the same :)

The cockatiel had a 6 day visit recently, and will be back for two weeks in November. Cotton really liked hearing him!! He isn't yet whistling TV theme songs though ;)

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
Someone has mastered the over the shoulder look πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°πŸ₯°

Also it drives me bonkers that he prefers these teeny round metal surfaces to perch on for naps and sleep lately πŸ™ƒ

PXL_20221029_201433247.jpg

Most Reactions

Latest posts